"Ivy already feels comfortable with you." She told them.

Selene smiled
"So you'll let us take her out?"

"Mum?!" Ceaser spoke beside Jules "Jules has never let Ivy go out with anyone but herself. This can't be easy for her. I don't think she can make an exc..."

"Of course." Jules interrupted him before he could continue "You can take Ivy out. She would love to spend some time with you and Eric."

This wasn't about her being scared or afraid of leaving Ivy with Selene and Eric. She knew they cared for her and would keep her safe. She just hadn't left Ivy alone with anyone asides from Sofi and Andy and it was a big step. But she knew her daughter would be fine.

"Are you sure?" She turned to look at Ceaser who seemed to be worried about the certainty of her decision.

"Yes." Jules nodded and noticed Ceaser's expression, he seemed scared.

"Thank you." Selene smiled.

"Okay, let's get going," Eric said.

"We'll be back before it gets dark, so you wouldn't have to drive back home late," Selene said.

"No problem." Jules got up with them and picked Ivy from Selene "Hey darling. Have fun alright." She kissed Ivy's forehead.

"Momma." Ivy beamed at her

"I'll see you later, okay?" She hugged her.

She wrapped her tiny hands around her neck before she pulled away and gave her back to Selene. Eric picked up Ivy's bag with her necessities in it.

"We'll be back before you know it," Eric said as they went to the door.

Jules watched them get into the car, she waved them off when they drove off.

Jules sighed when the car was no longer in sight. She stared out into space till she felt Ceaser right behind her.

"She's going to be fine with them," he told her

"I know." She said and turned to him "But you didn't seem to be sure a few minutes ago."

"My parents...they know how to spoil a kid." Ceaser said, "I'm scared for you, Ivy might begin to whine after my parents return her back."

Jules smiled and Ceaser noticed it didn't reach her eyes.

"You ok?"

She looked up at him
"I am. I just..." She sighed "She's never gone out with anyone other than me. Yes, she stayed with my friends when I wasn't around. But she's never gone out with them...or anyone, without me."

Ceaser pulled her into him and looked down at her
"She'll be fine. My parents would keep her safe."

Jules knew that, so she nodded and Ceaser pulled her into his arm and hugged her.

Hours had passed since Selene and Eric left with Ivy and it was dark outside. So dark, the moon and stars were in plain sight.

They were supposed to be back two hours ago but they still weren't back.
Jules thought.

Many scenarios played out in Jules' mind as she paced back and forth in the living room.

They were in an accident...She prayed not.

Ivy was injured. Ivy was missing?

She remembered how hot it was that afternoon that she wished it away. Well, they always said be careful what you wished for. She should have remembered that, but she didn't. And now there was a storm outside.

She feared for Ivy.

What if they got in a car acc...?

"That's it. Enough!" Ceaser's voice cut through her line of thoughts.

He had watched her in the past hour since she began to lose her mind. It was nerve-racking. He was scared too but he couldn't do anything except wait, he had called his parents but it wasn't reachable probably due to the storm.

Jules looked at Ceaser as he walked towards her.

"You're wearing your mind on your sleeves." He said, "Stop thinking the worst."

"I'm just..."

"I know. I am too." He said.

That was when Jules noticed that he was almost just as worried as her.

Why was he? Did he feel that much for Ivy?

Was he already attached to Ivy like she was with him?

More and more questions ran through her mind but she had answers to none.

She just silently prayed and hoped Ivy was safe...Selene and Eric too.