Chapter 21

Jules couldn't sit down, and neither could Ceaser. The TV was turned on to the news channel, the storm had caused a terrible accident and they were trying to get people to safety because the storm was getting worse in that area.

"What if they..." Jules stopped pacing and faced Ceaser.

He turned and walked to her
"No." He held her arms and shook her "Don't think that way. They're safe."

"But they could..."

"Jules, don't!" He raised his voice "My parents would never let anything happen to her. I promise." He reassured her.

Jules nodded her head trying to let his words sink in. She needed to believe everything was fine.

Ring! Ring!

Jules looked at Ceaser and saw he was lost in his thought with his gaze fixated on her.

Ring! Ring!

"Your phone." She said.

Ceaser released her arms and went to pick his phone from the couch.
"Dad, is everything alright?" Ceaser asked immediately he answered the call and put it on speakerphone.

"We're all ok." Eric said "There's been an accident and all the roads are blocked. The storm's getting worse."

Oh, thank God.
Jules said a quick prayer as she walked towards Ceaser.

"Yea we heard it on the news." Ceaser said, "What's going to happen now?"

Jules waited for Eric's reply.

"We'll have to turn around and look for a place to stay the night. The storm's only going to get worse."

Jules didn't know what to say. It was the only safe thing to do but Ivy.

"Inform Jules and extend our apologies for not getting Ivy back today," Eric said.

Ceaser looked at Jules who seemed lost in her thoughts.

"Okay dad, I'll do that. Be safe."

"Alright, son," Eric said before the line got cut.

Ceaser watched Jules as she stared at nothing in particular.
"Jules?"

Jules looked up at Ceaser, her heart was beating fast.

"Ivy's fine," Ceaser told her.

"I know." She said, "I just..." She shook her head "...nothing."

She's fine, Jules. She's safe.
She told herself as she exhaled her worries.

"Ok." She managed to get out with her shaky voice.

Ceaser tucked a stray lock of her hair behind her ear and smiled at her.

"I better get going then."

"What?"

"I'll be back tomorrow first thing in the morning."

"You can't leave." He said.

She turned to face him
"Why not?"

He raised his brow
"Because there's a storm. It's going to start raining heavily. You can't drive home in this weather."

"I'll get home before it starts raining." She told him and went to grab her bag.

And right on cue, it started raining heavily. Jules paused then slowly turned around and looked at Ceaser.

She could see he was trying so hard not to laugh but then that's what he ended up doing.

"It's not funny," She told him even though she had already begun to smile.