Chapter 1 (Part 2)

Jules rode the elevator up with Ivy in her arms. The only reason she liked work less was that she had to leave Ivy at the daycare on the second floor of the company's building. She wanted Ivy to be with her all the time but knew it wasn't going to happen.

The elevator dinged open and she got out walking into the lobby of the daycare.

"Hey, you." Sofi beamed from behind the desk as she saw Jules approaching her.

"Hey. Where's Andy?" Jules asked Sofi looking around for her other best friend.

"With the other kids, inside. I don't know how she never gets tired of their screams." She answered getting up and going around the desk towards Jules "Hey cutie." She smiled down at Ivy in Jules' arm.

Jules smiled at the look on Ivy's face. It was the same one that she had when she saw Sofi and Andy. She was looking at Sofi with a stoic look, blinking frequently like one of those episodes of Tom and Jerry where they go blink blink blink.

Sofi's expression changed to a she's-soo-adorable look as she reached for Ivy and adjusted her in her arms. Ivy's expression changed in seconds as Sofi began speaking baby language to Ivy which was nothing but complete gibberish. But if it made Ivy smile, then who was she to stop the discussion.

Jules left Ivy with Sofi going inside the daycare in search of Andy.

Jules, Miranda and Sofia have been friends since Jules joined Freddie and Co. five years ago. They had hit it off immediately and have been friends ever since. They knew about the adoption and everything else just like she knew about Sofia's family problems and Miranda's relationship issues. They were the ones who resurfaced her dream of adopting and promised to be there if she needed their help and for that she was entirely grateful to them. They both were godmothers to Ivy and Jules still couldn't decide if that was the best or the worst decision she's ever made. They spoiled her at every turn, last week being an example when they bought so many birthday presents for Ivy. It was a good thing they ran the daycare. That was what made it easier for Jules to leave Ivy there knowing that Andy and Sofi would be there with her Munchkin.

Sofia was a rebel in her family, at least that's what her parents thought. They wanted her to be a part of the family's fashion empire but she wanted to find her own path and had ended up at Freddie and Co. taking care of kids which she had grown to love. She had first applied for the job to have an income while looking for another job because her parents had cut her off but now, she was just like Miranda who loved kids more than she did people her age. Miranda was from a simple middle-class family like her. She trusted people so easily which as a result made her lose hope in humanity. She stuck to what she was best at - taking care of kids. She had been in one relationship since they all became friends and Jules and Sofi knew the relationship was toxic. Miranda just had a hard time letting go after she let someone in. Derek, her boyfriend was a jerk. She knew it, they all knew it but Miranda didn't want to let go of him because she was secretly hoping he'd go back to the guy he was when she met him which in Sofi and Jules' opinion was never going to happen.

Jules spotted Andy with the other kids, she looked so happy. Andy - short for Miranda - loved children but when she and Sofi brought up having some of hers, she freaked out.

"Jules" Andy called when she spotted Jules "Where's the little princess?"

"With Sofi." She said and before Jules could utter another word, Andy left the kids with the other staffs and went out into the lobby where Sofi and Ivy were. Jules shook her head and followed.

"Hi princess." Andy spoke to Ivy like a cartoon character "It's me, Andy."

Ivy smiled and murmured something like 'candy.'