His jaw, and probably everyone's, dropped to the floor when he saw Cassie walking into the gym with her arm linked with Harry's. Peter felt his heart pounding in his chest as he admired the beautiful girl in front of him, she looked beyond stunning in the beautiful cream, sparkly dress.

"Pete," Michelle walked to him, but he found himself already making his way to the beautiful girl awkwardly standing in the entrance and Harry nowhere to be seen. "Peter!" But he ignored her.

"C–Cassie." The boy nervously exhaled, looking at her with lovingly eyes. "Y–You look stunning."

"Thanks, Parker."

"Listen, you have no idea how much I regret what I said. I really want to be friends with you, and I miss you like you have no idea." He said quickly, holding her hands. "And I'm so stupid for thinking it was best for you."

Cassie didn't say anything as she studied his expression, she exhaled deeply and looked down at her cream gown. Peter pursed his lips together with nervousness.

"Hey, gorgeous–" Harry stepped in, making them snap their heads at his direction.

"Not right now, Harry." Peter said with gritted teeth, making the boy raise his eyebrows with amusement.

"Well, Cass is my date." He snapped, looking at the brunette with a smirk. His arm found her waist and the brunette frowned uncomfortably. "So you should leave before I kick your ass, Parker." Harry smirked. "Or I'll tell the whole school you're an asshole for trying to steal Cassie from me. Again." Peter clenched his fists, and the other boy's smirk grew wider.

"I'm not your date." Cassie said, making the two boys to snap their heads at her. "Not anymore." She frowned, wiggling out of his arm. "And for the record, you can't call me Cass or Cassie." She crossed her arms over her chest with raised eyebrows.

"But–" Harry stuttered with a bewildered expression.

"Shall we?" Cassie turned to Peter who was already smiling down at her, she linked her arm with his and looked back at Harry. "Goodbye, Osborn."

Peter smiled widely as he guided Cassie to the dance floor and stopped in the middle to face her, his hands shakily found her waist and she placed her arms around his neck. They were both a shaky mess, but it was adorable.

"I haven't forgiven you yet, by the way." She whispered, looking straight into his chestnut eyes. "You are so stupid for thinking for one second that it'd be better to not be friends." Peter chuckled. "But I still consider you my friend, and Harry acted like an asshole with you."

"I'm sorry." He half-smiled, looking down at her with a bright smile. "And I agree with you in the last part." They laughed quietly. "Not about Harry, but with the stupid part. Well he's an asshole and I'm stupid."

Cassie smiled and rested her head in his chest, making him gulp and look down at her with a lovingly smile on his lips. He rested his chin at the top of her head and exhaled deeply, he didn't care about her hearing his pounding heart in his chest, he only cared about her. Nothing else.

"Let's get out of here." She spoke quietly, holding his hand with a smirk. "We both know we don't really want to be here." The boy chuckled loudly.

"You're right." He nodded, walking with her to the exit and completely ignoring Michelle looking at them with anger. "I know where we should go."

+++

Peter smiled widely as he wrapped his arms around Cassie's shoulders. He had placed the jacket over her shaking and uncovered shoulders but she was still freezing, so he decided to keep her warm himself.

"I will never get over this view." He mumbled, smiling. His eyes traveled down to the quiet girl next to him and his heart skipped a beat.

"It's just so relaxing." She completed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Listen, Pete. I wasn't completely mad at you..." She faced him, making him frown. "I was mad at myself."

"Why?" Confusion took over his facial expressions as he looked at her. Cassie exhaled. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"I was mad at myself because I felt like it was my fault you were with Michelle and that we weren't friends anymore." She quickly spoke. "I was mad because if I had told you earlier about my feelings for you nothing–" Her eyes widened at the realisation of her words, she looked up to meet his bewildered expression that slowly turned in a smile. "Oh, God."

"Cassie, I–" Peter stammered, not knowing what to do or say.

"I know you have a girlfriend and it's stupid to think this won't ruin our friendship but seeing you with her killed me. You have no–" She quickly talked, but Peter was quick to cup her face in his long hands and crash his lips against hers.

Cassie relaxed as he kissed her and followed him. The butterflies erupted in her stomach as their lips slow-danced in the silence and the darkness of the night.

I'm finally kissing Cassie

Holy shit

The brunette grinned and he did it too. He, just like her, felt not only butterflies in his stomach, he felt the entire zoo and that made him entirely happy. They had to break away because of the lack of oxygen, but that didn't stop them from grinning like two kids in love. Which was completely true, they were two kids in love.

"I asked Michelle out because I thought I would never have a chance with you." He whispered, placing a piece of hair behind her ear. "I didn't know you felt the same for me."

"I should have told you." She exhaled, pursing her lips together.

"But now I know. And that's what matters." He intertwined his fingers with hers in a sweet manner, Cassie blushed and rested her head in his chest.

Peter sighed happily and pressed a short, meaningful kiss in the top of her head.

Everything was slowly falling into place after he watched them fall apart in front of his chestnut eyes.

He was finally happy.