I raised my eyebrow in question, but she didn’t seem to notice it.

“Feeling ko kase… I’m just a nobody pagka nagkakasama tayo. Parang… parang sabit lang ako. Kase… look… Blake and you are a couple, Luke and Krungy are a couple and si Andrew… kahit wala siyang ka-partner sa inyo, mula pa noong una, kasama na siya sa grupo. I just… I feel like an outsider.”

I scrunched my eyebrows and crinkled my nose. With my palms, I gently tapped my cheeks. “What are you talking about, Zelle?”

“I just feel like out of place, sometimes,” she replied.

I let out a breath.

“I feel like I don’t belong. It’s—“

“Zelle!” I interjected. “You do belong, alright? You’re my cousin. You’re my friend, alright? And I trust you. So don’t feel like that. We all are friends here. We laughed at your idea, so what? It’s funny, but that doesn’t mean you don’t belong, because you do.”

She just looked at me, sniffing.

“Maybe, we’re just a bunch of idiots with different perspective, but we all fuck the same thing right? This is us, Zelle. This is your group, your friends. What I mean is… uh…” How the hell should I say this? “… uh, what I mean is... I don’t know, stuff?”

I shrugged as I pursed my lip. In my mind, I have banged my head a thousand times on this island. What kind of person am I? Was I really consoling Zelle or was I making it all worse? Why am I not good at this?!

“Hindi ka pa din talaga marunong mag cheer up, no? But it doesn’t matter. Pwede na yon. OA lang siguro ako.”

“Yeah, I think so,” I blurted out which earned me a death glare from her. I whistled as I avoided eye contact with her.

“Let’s go back,” I asked her. She nodded and together, we went back to the living room.

We saw the four of them throwing everything to each other and once Zelle cleared her throat, everyone dropped what they were holding and sat straight up. This bunch of kids!

I settled on the couch and sat beside Andrew.

“Hey,” I heard Blake called out. I turned my head to him and raised my eyebrows in question.

He rolled his eyes in response and looked back to Zelle. What the hell?! I only shook my head.

“Nicolle,” Andrew whispered, silent enough that if he didn’t whisper it right in my ear, I couldn’t have heard it.

I looked at him. He was smirking. This guy was up to something, I could sense it.

“You wanna know how territorial your boyfriend is?”

In the background, Zelle was busy with her phone, Krungy and Luke were fighting and Blake, I don’t really know what he was thinking but I could see that his fists were tight, but what the hell right? Maybe he’s just constipated or something.

I scoffed at Andrew and just shook my head. “Come on,”

“Alright,” I finally agreed.

A second later, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. My eyes widened but before I could react, though, something blocked the light in front of us.

I looked up and saw Blake shooting daggers at Andrew. He grabbed my arm suddenly and pulled me up. “Samahan mo ‘ko!” he shouted.

“What?” I asked, confused. “Where?”

“Basta, samahan mo ko!”

I looked around, wondering where the hell this guy was supposed to go in the middle of a life and death situation meeting. When I heard Andrew chuckle, I noticed Blake’s jaw tensed in a way that says he’s ready to murder anyone. I can also see how his blue eyes darken, which didn’t really made me feel any more comfortable.