chapter 35: a test and a good bye

Its finally here everyone! The last chapter in the first book. Yes there will be a sequel! Sorry it took so long to update been busy drawing for this story. This last chapter is in several P.O.V's just as a bit of information but none of them Kiki. Enjoy!
______________________________________
Kakashi's P.O.V

I awoke the next day to the smell of cooking fish and tea. I smiled and sighed, at least this hadn't changed Kiki still loved to cook. I frowned as I sat up and looked in the mirror. She'd be kicking the asses of four elite jounin today, one of them being mine. "Papa come get breakfast, the exam is in two hours!" she yelled from downstairs. I stood and dressed myself, when I pulled on my mask I didn't cover my face, i let it hang around my neck for the time being. My Kiki hated that in the house. When I finished brushing my teeth and getting ready I ventured downstairs and sat at the table. We ate in silence, I was used to this but I wished I could at least see something in her eyes. All I saw were dull, lifeless orbs of sun-like gold looking back at me. What was worse was that even though she'd lost some of her glow, she was still beautiful. My daughter was truly the greatest beauty to come out of the Land of Fire. She will go down in history as the fairest in all the lands.

We talked for a long while before leaving for the arena together, anything from politics to her wolf pup Ai. As we walked I saw people bow and acknowledge her but she ignored her people. My Kiki-chan would never do that. Entering the arena left me unsurprised, hundreds of villagers were there, there were even people from outside villages there to see just what the last Siada could do. I looked toward my beautiful girl and smiled through my mask. She was so greatly loved and respected, if only she could see what the rest of us did. We met Kurenai, Asuma and Gai in the center of the arena and they smiled at us. I wrapped my arm around Kiki's shoulder causing her to look up at me. For a second I thought I saw a glimpse of the real Kiki in her eyes but knew that wasn't likely..

Tsunade's P.O.V

I looked down from the arena balcony to see my granddaughter and four of the Konohas most elite jonin, looking back at me. The urge to smile with pride caused me to forget my better judgement. My grandchild was strong, something to be expected but these were well trained jonin. Would her very limited experience be enough against them? What a silly question, of course it would, she could do things not even shinobi of my age could do. Which isn't that old! Oh, who am I kidding.. I realized everyone was waiting on me when Jiraiya grabbed my elbow. I looked up at him as he smiled down at me, oh that smile... He deserved someone far better than me to love. In the time our son was alive, I'd fallen deeply in love with him, I couldn't find the nerve to tell him so however. My broken heartedness for the loss of my first love Dan, is what brought my drunken self into the arms and bed of my best friend. It wasn't the first time Jiraiya and I had found comfort in each other but it was the first time it had escalated. So much so I became pregnant with his child. I loved Dan and now I loved Jiraiya, but they were the great loves of my life for different reasons. Jiraiya because we had history and friendship and Dan because he shared my dream of making the world a safer place. In honesty I should have given all my love only to Jiraiya but when you're young, such things don't dawn on you.

"Tsuna-chan, everyone is waiting on you to begin." Jiraiya's voice woke me from my thoughts and caused my face to turn red. Quickly, I turned from him and cleared my throat. "Hello everyone, today is an unusual event but a necessary one. Today we test the strength of our high priestess. The last remaining Siada, that's a big name to live up to. She will be battling against four of our strongest in order to gain the same title. Today a new jonin will be born. By the power given to me by the Land of Fire. Begin!" with my call the jonin scattered leaving my grandchild in the center of the arena alone.. If they thought this gave them an advantage over a Siada, they were mistaken..

Kurenai's P.O.V

We scattered in hopes we'd have enough time to gather a plan to defeat our opponent. This was a bad idea, I felt it in the pit of my stomach. The Siada were known for not only attacking entire hords singlehandedly but notorious for picking people off one by one in combate. Oh well, to late to change it now. My part of the plan would have to be initiated first. With a few hand signs I cast a genjutsu over the arena, this must have triggered something drastic however because suddenly Kiki pulled me from the trees and tossed me back first into the center of the arena. I gathered myself and stood to face the once kind-hearted girl I had known. "You give off a strong chakra signature when you use genjutsu. Not the best choice against a dojutsu users, Kurenai-sensai." she spoke and her voice was lifeless to my ears. "You're all probably planning something and they wanted to draw me to you. Unfortunately it worked." I sighed, she was onto us, time to improvise. I ran toward her and tossed shuriken and kunai. She dodged each flawlessly, without even activating her Tengokugan. When I reached her, she grabbed my shoulders and kissed my cheek causing me to fall to the ground paralyzed. Unable to move, she picked me up and placed me on a stretcher that had made its way toward us. Incredible, in only two moves she defeated me, one of strongest kunouchi in the world.. And all without her kekkai genkai. She is a force that ought not to be taken lightly..