Chapter 3: In defense of a new friend

A/n: Hey everyone! Just wanted you guys to know there is a bit of a time skip for this chapter. Please enjoy:)
-----------------------------------------------------
It has been three weeks since Sasuke and I became engaged. The girls and boys at school stared at the two of us, with angry and depressed faces. Fans are so creepy.... We sat together in class, trying to ignore the others. The funny young boy named Naruto, pulled a prank on our sensai. Sasuke seemed annoyed but still had a slight smile on his face. And I hid my giggle behind my hand. Iruka sensai yelled and embarrassed Naruto causing the others to laugh at him. I never laughed at his humility, I could sense there was pain behind his jokes and felt my stomach flip when he frowned.

We exited the class and went outside to train in our taijutsu and weaponry. Naruto, was clearly having a hard time getting the hang of his shuriken jutsu. I watched him and how the other students taunted him and my heart ached.. Sasuke, was distracted with his own training and I was finished, having already mastered the techniques being shown today; what, I'm a prodigy!? I stood up and walked over to the others crowded around the blonde who was clearly angry and hiding his pain behind harsh words. My heart ached again, when a blonde girl I knew as Ino spoke, "Please, Naruto, you couldn't beat any of us if your life depended on it. You goof off too much. You aren't like Sasuke or Kikiyo so stop trying." My heart sank again when they all looked toward me expecting me to join in their fun, "She's right you'll never have real talent, so don't bother." The pink-haired Sakura continued for her. Naruto fell to the ground after being pushed and spoke, "One day, I'll be Hokage and you'll all have to show me respect, dattebayo!" Suddenly someone threw a rock toward Naruto and I jumped in the way, catching it. Everyone gasped as I crushed the rock into dust in my fist. They all backed up slightly and bowed, mumbling, "my lady's" or "Kiki-sama" or "princess Kiki's". They all watched as I helped the whiskered boy from the ground. This seemed to have captured everyone's attention because soon the group got larger and Sasuke and Iruka sensai were there watching as well. I hugged the boy and my heart broke as he stiffened, he'd clearly never known this feeling. After a long pause, he relaxed and wrapped his arms around me as well. I grabbed his hand and turned to face them, Naruto held his head down but tightened his grip on my hand. They all looked on and waited for me to speak, when at last I did, they looked on in sadness. "How can you isolate this poor boy, and treat him as a lesser human? We all come from the same origins, the Sage of Six Paths blessed us all with chakra to use and spread for good. How can you pervert these gifts for hate and cruelness? Not one of us is perfect, we all struggle, and when we do we ask for help. This boy doesn't have that from loved ones.. So why do you let him struggle on his own? You treat him terribly because he makes mistakes. None of us are without sin, as daughter of the high priestess of Konoha, I commend you, let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

All of their faces dropped and Iruka- sensai smiled, taking Naruto by the hand and walking him inside. As I watched them walk away, he turned and smiled at me over his shoulder. The other students walked passed me, making sure not to look at me as they went inside. Sasuke came up next to me and grabbed my hand, squeezing it with a smile. As I looked into his onyx eyes I saw what looked like pride. Letting go of my hand he lead the way inside. Once, we returned to the class room we all gathered our things to leave for the day, and made our way out of the class room. Sasuke and I walked together toward the street when we heard someone yelling my name. Naruto ran to me from behind, huffing and holding his knees. I waited for him to collect himself, suddenly he smiled. "Kiki-chan, I wanted to say thank you for standing up for me... But you didn't have to, ya know?" I looked at him and smiled, "I might not have had to but to let them continue their cruelty would have been wrong. Naruto, I know you don't know me well but I will always be here to help you and be a friend to you. If you'd like?" His smile grew larger and he hugged me, startling me but I hugged him back. He then pushed me at arms length and held my shoulders. "Will you help me with my shuriken jutsu now?" I looked at Sasuke, who nodded, then I smiled at Naruto. "I'd love to and I'm sure Sasuke wouldn't mind helping either." Naruto, sighed and pouted, "Why does this jerk want to help? I mean I know you're getting married in the future but I didn't think men could be so whipped at such a young age." Sasuke huffed and crossed his arms and spoke, "I want to because it's the right thing not because Kiki-chan wants to. Plus I have to protect her Dobe." "Uh-huh, whatever Teme, let's just get started." Naruto spat back. "Alright, we won't leave until you have it down okay, Naruto?!" I said ignoring their banter. He smiled and took my index and middle fingers in his and did the same to Sasuke, taking us both by surprise. "You'll really be my friends?" I smiled and even Sasuke grinned and we both nodded. "You'll never be alone again, Naruto-kun. I promise and I never go back on my promises. That is my shinobi way." We all walked fingers linked to the training grounds, I turned to see the sun shine on Naruto's face just right and saw unfallen tears in his eyes and smile on his face and saw the same smile on Sasuke's. Two best friends, what else could I ask for?