chapter 22: chunin exams-the final round closes

As I made my way toward Naruto, standing in the center of the arena, my body shook. I'd nearly killed my friend.. All eyes were on me, none in admiration. Those eyes... They looked terrifed, I felt the fear radiating off of the crowd as they all looked down on me and Naruto. My heart began to race, we were nothing but monsters to them and i hated them for it. Those people who were supposed to look to me as their protector and holy mother, feared me. The silence of the world around me caused something inside of me to crack and i fell to the ground, weak. My head pounded and i heard gasping. Naruto was on his knees trying to help me.

"Let me out Kikiyo, I will punish them for the wrong they've done you this day and the day they took your family. For the pain they've caused your friend Naruto his entire life. I once served Konoha but now i see the horrible power it has become. Punish them!" I heard the voice of the gaurdian spirit in my head and felt her chakra resinating. she was angry for the first time and it scared me. Still shaking on the ground Naruto tried picking me up but i shooed him away. I felt myself growing unstable and as i looked into his eyes, i saw my reflection and jumped away. My eyes were orange from the Tengokugan activating itself, but they were slit like that of a monster. My teeth were coming to a point and my nails grew. This has never happened to me before! I'm losing control of the guardian! Why had she turned from the village? My disgust for the people around me and my already weakened seal must have triggered this..

"Naruto-kun, I'm scared. Help me please." I said loud enough for only him to hear, he nodded in understanding. Taking off his jacket, he placed it around me and walked me out of the arena. As we exited we heard a commotion, cheering. Sasuke must have made it in time for his match. I tried to smile but pain surged through my head. Before i could collapse again, Naruto had me in his arms, bridal style. "Don't worry, Kiki-chan, we'll get you away from here and to Pervy Sage and you'll be okay. He'll know what to do." I thanked him and as the pain struck my body again I dug my claws into his chest and burried my face into his shoulder. He only flinched slightly but kept running. After about ten minutes he abruptly stopped and spoke, "Who are you? You gotta get out of the way, i have to get the high priestess to her Oji-san." he sounded frazzled which worried me, causing me more pain. "Where she needs to be is the temple. I am a friend, I will take her there. We will look for Jiraiya soon, besides we need more than just him to complete the task at hand." when i heard the voice i smiled, pulling on Naruto's shirt, i got his attention. "Its okay Naruto, I'll be fine with him. You go watch the rest of the match." hesitantly he placed me in the other man's arms. "Just return my jacket whenever Kiki-chan." Naruto said before running back to the arena. the man and i made our way to the temple and his arms were strong, warm and fimiliar. "Tachi-nii, I'm Gomen.."

For a split second he looked at me slightly confused, then returning to his normal stoicness, he spoke, "Why are you always apologizing?" he smiled ever so slightly which caused me to do the same. As i did another bolt of pain surged throughout my body and i clung to Itachi, my lengthened nails, accidently drawing blood. He didn't flinch, he only walked faster "Nii-san, what is happening to me?" i asked scared for myself and everyone around me. "When you were in the forest your seal was weakened. this particular seal is called a 'three sided lock', one of the most powerful seals ever performed on a person. It requires three shinobi of eminence spiritual power to perform it. When it was placed on you originally, it was the fourth hokage, your aunt Seesu and Kushina, who performed it. Before using the 'eight prong' seal on Naruto. Because your seal was loosened, the gaurdian inside you is releasing more chakra than usual.we need to reestablish the seal but there are only four people left who know the jutsu. And we only have two of them. Thats why I'm taking you to the temple, being on sacred ground will slow the gaurdian's attempt at breaking free. At least until we can get the third one here." he said the words but for some reason they didn't fully register. Before i knew it my body began shaking uncontrollably, the energy taking over me was far to great for me to handle. Soon everything was dark and i could only see a cage..

Inside kiki's mind

"Welcome kikiyo, I've been waiting for the day we'd finally come face to face." i looked up to see a great white wolf behind bars, i was stunned by the sight and didn't speak. "What is the matter girl? You knew i was here, we've just never had the pleasure of actually talking before. How rude, i should introduce myself to my young mistress. I am Yoto, gaurdian wolf of Konoha. I was created by your ancestor, the first of your clan, as a fail safe. It was my duty to control the tailed beasts if the time came. I remained dorment and unknown about, a clan secret until about thirteen years ago when my presence became needed. I resided in your mother's younger sister, until she awakened me to help the fourth hokage to defeat the kyuubi Kurama. I didn't want to hurt him but I wasn't given a choice. After the battle there was little time to act, i had to be passed onto a new vessel for your aunt had weakened when i was released. Your mother offered her youngest, a four month old little girl as the next jinchuuriki. The 'three sided lock' was performed by the fourth, his wife and Seesu and then they passed on into the next life. I've watched you grow and take on the deepest pains and hardships. I watched as the leaders of the village i once swore to protect took advantage of you and the people you care for.. I tolerated it because it was my duty but i no longer can. With the seal weakened i can protect you and we can make them pay. Just open the gate my lady." she extended a paw and grabbed the bars of her jail cell. I wanted to unlock the cell, she deserved her revenge, and getting even myself didn't sound like a bad idea. I began to reach for the lock when i saw her ears perk up.

"What is it Yoto? Did you have a change of heart?" I asked utterly confused. "No my lady, but i need to know something." she replied. I nodded as if telling her to continue. "Do you love Konoha?" i was taken back by her question, we were just discussing vengeance and now she asks this? i thought the answer should be yes but i really didnt know anymore. They had done so much wrong, hurt so many people. I couldn't stand how angry they made me. But then all my friends passed my vision. I loved them and they loved this place. I grew up here, with good people, by the most intimate ties, i am bound to this village. I'm the next queen of the Land of Fire and high priestess.. so i sighed and answered. "Yes Yoto, with all my heart." she too sighed and spoke, "we'll have to get even with them later then because we have a village to save."

I sat straight up, i was laying down on the floor of the temple. No one was around me, Itachi had left me alone. Gee, he could be a jerk at times. Thats when i heard the sound of explosions. Jumping to my feet i relized i no longer felt pain but i heard Yoto's voice, "there has been an attack and like it or not i am programmed to defend this village. A jinchuuriki is responsible. We must find them and stop them!" i ran to the temple doors only to find them locked, damn that Itachi! Closing my eyes i centered myself and activated my Tengokugan. With a few hand signs i entered 'Holy Trinity mode'. With a punch filled with chakra the door was blown away. "Alright Yoto, lets go!" with those words, we began our search to defeat a tailed beast. My only hope was that it wasn't a jinchuuriki i knew and loved...