Chapter 8: Escort the bridge builder

Hello everyone, this chapter is going to be a long one just to give you a heads up! I've been on a writing kick lately, so here's another one for you. Enjoy:)
-------------------------------------------------------

Small missions came and small missions went over the course of a few months, and our friendly neighborhood Naruto was getting impatient. He complained that our missions weren't hard enough every chance he got, Sakura grumbled at him to stop complaining. Since the day Sasuke explained what happened with Sakura and Naruto, she no longer was the subject of my dislike. She annoyed me on occasion with her bickering with Naruto, but I no longer wanted to hurt her. In fact she became someone I could talk to about girly things, Hinata would always be my best female friend, but she was slightly awkward when it came to talking about affaires of the heart. Sakura listened, even though I would occasionally talked about Sasuke and I could see the hurt in her eyes, she smiled. It seemed as though she was starting to let go but deep down I knew she wouldn't give up. It was a silent agreement 'let the best woman win'. I think we both only wanted Sasuke to be happy, regardless of whom he found happiness with.

She and I were shopping when we were summoned to the Hokage's tower, bags in hand we walked to his office. When we arrived everyone turned to us and smiled, even my stoic Sasuke-Kun. We set our bags by our feet and listened as the hokage assigned our mission. "Hey old man this better not be a lame mission again." Naruto said only to be hit in the back of the head by Sakura. "Of course not Naruto today you are assigned your first C rank mission. Your duty is to escort a bridge builder named Tazuna back to his village." Naruto smiled really big and jumped in the air. "This should be a simple enough mission for you all. You will meet Tazuna at the gate in three hours, I suggest you get ready for departure. One more thing, Kakashi, Kikiyo, as you both know there could be potential danger with her majesty leaving the village. There are bounties out on your head because you're a royal and next in line to rule the Land of Fire. You must be careful darling. If anything goes unexpectedly and you can't handle it I expect you to all protect the princess, Kakashi. Even if that means... Failing the mission in more ways than one. Kikiyo must survive." They all looked nervous except Sasuke and Kakashi who nodded, "I assure you, her majesty is in the safest, most capable young hands, Hokage-sama, no harm will come to her." We all turned to My father and smiled. We exited and went to our homes and packed.

Three hours later we all met the bridge builder at the gate. I wasn't surprised in the slightest to see Naruto arguing with the man, who was most likely our client, as Sasuke and I approached. We were late because of me of course, I had to get all my clothes I purchased from shopping put away, then had to pack my clothes and other girly needs. Wow, my father's habits were rubbing off on me. But hey, I'm a girl, that didn't change. They all turned as I dropped my hold on Sasuke's arm. "It isn't like you two to be late, what gives?" My father asked. "Sorry, Kakashi, we would have left with you but someone just had to get all her clothes put away and clean her room before we left. Not to mention she packed like five scrolls." Sasuke said nudging me with his elbow. "Well tardiness doesn't work for me. I expected more than a group of kids as my escorts." The man said causing the others to appear annoyed. "Hey old man we're here to help your sorry a--" "Naruto." I interrupted before he could continue. "You must be Tazuna, it's nice to meet you. I feel it's best we all get to know each other before we continue." I said in a very diplomatic way. He gave a facetious smile, "You're pretty grown up kid, who are you?" The younger members of team 7 tensed at the lack of respect he showed, he didn't recognize me, I just gave them a reassuring smile. I was prepared to continue when my father spoke for me in a polite way. "Well sir, first things first, you really shouldn't address a princess so informally. This is princess Kikiyo Siada." Tazuna's eyes got huge and he grabbed my hand and kissed it while speaking, "My lady, I apologize I didn't realize you were a Siada. But now looking at your markings it makes sense. Forgive me." I pulled my hand away and smiled, "It is okay, we all make mistakes, but know this, these are people too, they are my team, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi. We are here to escort you home safely, to the Land of Waves, which makes you part of our team now. And your duty is to simply do as we tell you without question. Understand sir?" He nodded, "Wonderful, let's go then, oh and for the sake of friendliness and the mission, please call me Kiki-chan." I said as I walked ahead of them.