Chapter 10: escort the bridge builder-part 3

Hey everyone here is the end of the bridge builder mission, I promise. This one will be kinda long. Sorry, not sorry. Enjoy:)
-------------------------------------------------------
We awoke the next day to a banging on the door. "Breakfast is ready everyone, eat up and do it quick we are training today." Called our sensei from the other side of the door. Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto and I all grumbled as we crawled out of our futons. "We're changing first so Sasuke-kun, Naruto get out." Sakura said throwing a pillow at Naruto. "Hey that's not fair! You got to change first last night." He whined in response. "Let's just get out dobe." Sasuke said pulling Naruto by the ear and exiting the room. We dressed quickly and let the boys in, we went and brushed our teeth then proceeded to the dinning room for breakfast prepared by Tsunami. The guys soon joined us and we ate quickly as instructed. After thanking her for the meal and cleaning up after ourselves, we followed our teacher into the woods.

"Alright everyone today we are going to practice chakra control. The art of chakra exertion and placement distribution. For example, if I want to climb this tree vertically I must focus my chakra into my feet and balance my weight with the density of the tree." He preformed the action as he spoke, "Easy enough right?" "Piece of cake." Naruto said confidently. We all took our places in front of our own tree and waited for further instructions. "Now just climb and mark the spot where you lost control. The goal is to eventually get to the top of the tree. Begin."

The other three practically sprinted up the tree, I on the other hand took my time. Why did I have to do this, this exercise is old news to me I've done it before? Sasuke and Naruto ended up marking about half up the tree. I casually turned toward them and giggled, I looked over to see Sakura sitting on a tree branch toward to top of the tree, smiling. She may just be a skill kinouchi yet. Turning my attention upward, I simply put my hands in my pockets and eventually stood on the tippy, top of the tree. Everyone looked up at me and their mouths were gapping open, well except papa of course. I checked out the view for a moment before I made my descent. When I reached the bottom, standing next to my father, I noticed Sasuke and Naruto were practically racing to see which one of them could make it to the top first. Sakura was clearly getting tired, she was trying desperately to touch the top as well.

Eventually she made it causing Naruto and Sasuke to grumble, I'd been reading a book for the passed three hours at that point. Sakura took a seat next to me, well more like collapsed next to me. Naruto came over to her and whispered something in her ear. She only smiled and whispered back, I raised my eyebrow as he walked back to his tree. "He wanted to know how we did it, didn't he?" She nodded and we laughed together. We sat and watched for another hour or so before papa called it for the night. "Sensei, I'd like to stay out and train longer." Naruto said huffing and puffing. "I'd like to as well." Sasuke said also clearly out of breath. They shot daggers at each other then turned to our teacher. "If you want, don't stay out to late." He said while walking away, Sakura and I waved at them and followed him. "They sure are persistent aren't they?" Sakura asked, "Well persistence is a good thing, don't you agree?" I said with a smile. She nodded her head and we talked the entire way back to Tazuna's house.

Several hours passed and Naruto and Sasuke stumbled in from training, of course at dinner time, always such perfect timing. They began to race while eating, only to make themselves sick. I stood to excuse myself when suddenly I became light-headed and collapsed to the ground. A vision of Sasuke lying on the ground, beaten to death and Naruto not far behind him blinded me from reality. I held my head in pain, trying to rid myself of the awful sight. The images were burning into my memory, the guardian spirit inside me wanted me to see this, but why? When my eyesight came back, to the world around me, team seven stood around me in worry. "What did you see Kiki-chan?" papa asked with worry in his eyes. Looking from face to face I tried to think of what to say when Inari ran up to me and jumped in my arms, crying. My heart clenched, why did this little boy, who gave Naruto grief, mean so much to me? I'd barely spoken a word to him since being here. Then much like the first time I made contact with him, I saw all the pain he'd every experienced and a single tear fell from my eye. I hugged him tightly and everyone backed away, leaving us to hold each other, "You scared me, I thought you were going to leave me alone, golden eyes." My hold on him grew even tighter with those words. "Why, do you touch my heart so, child?" He sniffled into my shirt then pulled away and looked at me. "You're special that's why. Don't leave me okay? I don't want to be alone." My eyes widened at his words and the others looked on with mixed expressions. I put my forehead to his and my sigils began to glow, he opened his eyes wide and then closed them tightly when he noticed mine closed. All of the hurt he felt, transferred into me, and I grew weak from the emotional pain he felt. When every bit of the sadness was gone, he opened his eyes and I could tell he was at peace. I kissed his forehead then smiled, nodded and stood, I gave a bow to the others and retired to my room. The rest of team seven came in shortly after and not a word was spoken as we all settled into bed. That night I cried myself into a restless sleep.