chapter 31: the parting

Time to write the most difficult part of the entire story.. I've written several rough drafts and this seems to be the best one to me. It was pretty emotional for me so I beg your forgiveness for the sappiness. Almost done with this story though and I will be doing a shippuden of sorts. So be on the look out. Enjoy!
_____________________________________
From the direction i was running i could see the gates of the village. As I focused, I ran into Sakura. "You knew too huh?" she asked with a sadness. I looked at her in great pitty but hardened my heart quickly. "Sakura go tell Baa-chan, what is going on." she almost ignored me, "that's an order from your superior! Now!" she was shocked but nodded and did as she was told. "So you got promoted? I knew you would." came a voice from the treeline. I stopped in front of the stone bench, I'd witnessed Naruto trying to kiss Sakura, what felt like so long ago. He stopped in front of me. "You thought I wouldn't realize what your embrace truly meant earlier? You're really bad at saying good-bye." I never lowered my eyes from his. He frowned, "I didn't want you to seek me out Kiki-chan, I have to do this.. For our revenge. For our clans. For our futu--." I cut him off with a harshness.

My heart would be steel, I couldn't show I was breaking. "I don't want revenge! That isn't what I want for us, that's what you want! All I need is to wake up to you everyday! To hear our children running around playing! I've had visions of our life together, you playing with our sons and daughter. You kissing my swollen belly. We can have that! Don't leave!" his eyes widened for a fraction of a second and hardened in the same fraction. He grabbed me by both arms and kissed me deeply. He spoke with a coldness but his eyes spoke with sadness, "That's why I must go. I have to gain power to get rid of Itachi.. Thats the only way we can have that future! I won't have children in a world where he exsits!" he let go of me and began walking away. I began to panic, I couldn't let the man I love walk out of my life. "Run away with me Sasuke-kun, just the two of us. We'll leave this place, go somewhere no one knows us. We can live normal lives, have jobs and when the time is right start a family. I can get into the family account and take what we need. We can leave Saturday night. Please... Amai ai.." he stopped upon hearing the name his mother used to call him. He looked at me with sadness, he didn't try to hide it in his voice either. "Kiki-chan, I told you any decision I make is for us.. Thats what my kaasan would have wanted.. Same with your Kaasan, I have to protect you."

Before he could walk away leaving me in the brisk cold alone I took a deep breath and began and was about to sing but stop myself. This was not just some nursery rhyme. Not a song from childhood or story. This was the song that would tell me if our love was real or not. So I settled for a lie, "If you leave I'll never forgive you!" I waited several minutes as his eyes grew wide and he gave a sullen look. Walking toward me with eyes a light with love. He took my hands and looked straight into my eyes.
He held my face, hands wrapping around my head, fingers tangling in my hair. He kissed me hard, deep with passion. The hot feeling in my stomach, i had experienced with Neji was back. I wanted to let him take me right there, maybe that would make him stay. I would do it for him. Give up my life in Konoha, the life of a priestess, healer, shinobi and even royalty. I began to unlace my shirt but he stopped me with an embrace. "Not until our wedding night. I'll never give you up.. The Hyuga will take care of you until my return. That day, I'll fight for whats mine. Gomen'nesai." suddenly everything went black.

I woke the next day in my grandmother's office surrounded by my Grandparents, papa, some ANBU and the other jounin. Disoriented, I tried to collect my thoughts. Memories of Sasuke's retreating form caused me to sit straight up, "Sasuke-kun!" I tried to get up but no one would let me. "Kiki-chan, he's gone. We're already gathering a team to go after him. There's nothing more you can do. We can't let you go.. You're to emotional." I was fighting them with all my broken soul could muster. "No you don't understand, He loves me, I can get through to him! I love him, let me save him, I need him! what are you doing?! He needs to know the truth about everything." my eyes were over flowing with tears as I yelled for release, none was given. "Kiki-chan, we understand but you can't do anything right now. You'll have to do the soul division tonight to be ready for the sending tomorrow." my grandmother said it with such sadness I cried more. The good of many should come first. I relaxed a bit and turned over facing the inside of the couch. My body shook with sobs as I closed my eyes envisioning Sasuke holding me and singing our heart song to our children..

Suddenly a thought came to me, I needed to see Naruto. I knew he'd be going to retrieve his best friend. Waiting until everyone was convinced I was asleep, they left and I made my way out the window. Waiting at the gates I was approached by the team that would be going after my lover. My eyes widened at the ragtag team of very different people.. One of them being Neji, I eyed him but he only nodded and smiled gently at me. "Shikamaru, this is an interesting group you've assembled.. So you're the other that was promoted.. Congratulations." he nodded in thanks. "Alright, Kiba, Chouji, Naruto, Neji you ready to go?" they all nodded and began walking away. I needed to speak up before it was to late. "Wait! Naruto!" they all stopped and turned to me, I reached around my neck and unclasped the necklace Sasuke had given me on my birthday. They all looked shocked as I placed it in his hands. "Tell Sasuke to return it to me... When he comes home.. Tell him... I love him.. Naruto please do your best to bring him back." I glanced over to Neji and saw how utterly broken he was.. before Naruto could speak and I could cry in front of them I was gone.