Chapter Fifty Four: ➰

THE LAST WORDS OF THE WOUNDED

*

Hunter's POV

Why is nothing in my life ever fucking simple? The plan was to only be away from the party for an hour, we'd been gone two already. Tia was bound to know I was missing by this point, so I'd been a complete dick and turned my phone off. This was important business it had to be dealt with.

I'd deal with Tia later.

Jarred had also followed suit and turned his phone off. I'm almost sure I'll get the blame for that one, although I did kind of encourage it. I set down the final box, with a huff. I'd lost count of how many boxes we'd unloaded from the lorry. Inside the boxes looked legit, they were filled with smaller boxes of ornaments all of which had been stuffed with cocaine.

I walked outside to the now empty lorry to speak to Rico the driver. "Nice one mate." I patted his shoulder. "Sorry about the last minute delivery changes."

"I expect nothing less, you big guys need eyes in the back of your head these days!" He joked, everything he said was the truth.

I tucked a few £50 notes into his jacket pocket. "Safe trip Rico."

"Will do sir!" He replied before stepping back into his lorry and starting it up, now it was time to lock up and get back to the club and by miracle try and make it look like we never left.

"Any news from the docks, any suspicious behaviour?" I asked the guys as I stepped back into the dingy warehouse.

"Nothing out the ordinary, spoke to them about 30 minutes ago." Jarred was the first to reply, I nodded that was good news. Hopefully they've realised that robbing me again will be painful for them and come to their senses.

"Hunter!" Kyle exclaimed walking through the door, swinging his phone in front of him. "It's for you."

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Abigail." Fuck that I did not want to hear her moaning voice. I looked to Sam who was groaning with his head in his hands, oh the girls definitely knew we weren't there.

"Tell her you're not with me." I mouthed. I could hear Sam protesting behind me whispering about just telling her some kind of bullshit.

"Hunter I think you really will want to take this call." Making my reaction change instantly, I grabbed the phone from his hands.

"What's wrong?" I demanded.

"Hunter! Where the fuck are you?" Here we go. You're a bad influence on my Sam, blah blah blah.

"Abigail not now please." I asked of her. "I had to deal with a spot of business I'll be back as soon as I can give me 40 minutes."

"40 fucking minutes? I don't think so you better get your arse back to this club right now, we have a spot of business right here that needs dealing with asap!" She screamed at me, I had to hold the phone away for a second to protect my ear drum.

"What do you mean a spot of business?" It was a fucking party. "Where's Tia?"

"Tia's fine! Well she's panicking she's going to prison but other than that she's ok, she's safe. Hunter it's fucking crazy here." I knew I shouldn't of ever left the club. I'm a fucking idiot.

"Tell me what the fuck has happened?" I seethed. My heart was racing.

"There was an intruder!"