Chapter Twenty Two ➰

FUCKING LUCAS.

Hunter's POV

Fucking Lucas.

That sly little fucker saw an opportunity and jumped. I knew I should of set him extra work to do. No me being a good friend and boss encouraged him to finish early. I actually encouraged him. What the hell was I thinking?

If I'd of known he'd go running to Tia's apartment I definitely wouldn't of been so generous. What was that I smelt? Chinese? She hates Chinese food.

Why are you bothered she's your friend? You made that perfectly clear.

See the thing was, I know exactly what Lucas is like and how his mind works, it was obvious he was attracted to her, hell any boy she comes in contact with wouldn't be able to deny she's fucking beautiful, but still he's not right for her. Plus I know how he humps and dumps and I wouldn't want my friend to become victim to that.

Especially her.

She didn't need that shit. If I was the right man I'd make sure she was treated like a queen 24 hours a fucking day. But I wasn't and my job would mean getting her involved so a friendship was the only thing I could offer her right now. Plus it's only a matter of time before she falls for Lucas's charm, they always do. A small part of me just wished she was different.

I stormed back over to my apartment glaring at a certain female who was making herself at home on my sofa. Jarred smirked.

"Everything ok mate?"

Ok? Fucking ok, I was far from ok.

"Fucking dandy pal." I muttered taking a seat.
Pair of idiots couldn't control themselves and burst out laughing. I bit.

I pointed a finger at Lydia. "You did this on purpose." I stated. "Causing me to interrupt their perfect little date."

"Hardly a date mate come on." Jarred added. "They're probably planning one though, as we speak, Lucas has been banging on about the apparent date Tia owes him all day."

"She doesn't owe him anything." I growled, "he needs to learn some respect, let her recover first at least before he try's to pounce."

"You're not jealous are you Hunter?" Lydia asked in an overly nice tone.

"Jealous." I spat. "Of who Lucas? Dream on, if I wanted her I could have her so let's just get that straight. We're friends. I am concerned for her wellbeing and Lucas is probably only interested in bending her over."

"I'm sure he said his favourite position was reverse cowgirl to be fair." Jarred told me with a snicker.

"Do you like your fucking job?" I warned. "Cause I swear you'll be down the job centre Monday morning if you utter one more fucking word!"

Yes Lydia I'm Jarred's boss too. So you better be nice to me.

"Sir yes Sir." He said whilst saluting, unfortunately there wasn't any worthwhile objects around me that could do a lot of damage to his face.

Luckily they stopped with their torment well they hadn't said anything for precisely 12 minutes and 52 seconds. In that time I hadn't heard Lucas leaving the girls apartment either, he best not be staying over. It's too soon for that shit.