Chapter Twentyone ➰

THREES A CROWD

Tia POV

I'd lounged at Hunters for the majority of the day, the only proactive thing I did do was borrow Hunter's shower and another set of clothes, that I'd personally asked for because they smelt divine. I half expected Hunter to ask me to leave, but he never did. Maybe he enjoys my company like I do his. Or maybe he's just too polite to tell me to do one.

I'd waited hours for Lydia to finally tell me what happened to her face, she'd sworn the boys from telling me claiming it was her story to tell and they'd tell it wrong and ruin it completely. So I waited precisely 3 hours and 12 minutes, while she carelessly left me in suspense while she went for a nap (yes another one), until a text came through to my phone.

Lydia:
I'm awake and up and ready to read you a bedtime story ;) he's had your attention all day.. Come home X

I rolled my eyes and glanced up at Hunter who was busy texting away on his phone. I took this opportunity to respond to the many messages I'd received last night, Becky had text hoping I was ok, I sent a quick reply to say I was fine and thanks for asking, I also had three messages from Lucas:

1) Tia, I hope you're ok! Can't seem to get through to anyone? X

2) should I come over? Are you ok? Please let me know you're ok! X

3) I was planning on coming to see you this morning, Hunter said you aren't really up for visitors so I'll leave you to get some rest. See you soon ;) x

It was kinda cute he'd been worried, wasn't quite sure why Hunter hadn't mentioned Lucas coming round, suppose he was just ensuring I was Ok before having visitors, I sensed a little hostility between the pair lately. And they say girls are bad? Boys are much worse.

To Lucas: 
Hey Lucas, don't worry I'm fine :) thanks for asking. Starting to feel normal again now. See you soon! X

Hunter stood from their bed where we had been lying,  watching tv and eating junk food for the majority of the day. "I need to go over to Jack's," He stated, I'm guessing my blood results were back. "You gonna be ok by yourself for a little while?" I wish he'd stop worrying so much, I'm perfectly fine now. He was treating me as if I was a piece of glass and I'd shatter any moment.

"Don't worry I'll be fine, Lydia's awake I'm gonna head home and make her play mother Teresa." I grinned. At this point I stood too and we headed out, Jarred must of overheard me.

"You know that's not gonna happen right?" He laughed. Good point. "I'll maybe see you later?" He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I'd like that," I grinned, great now I sounded like a hormonal teenager, come to think about it I always feel like that when I'm around Hunter.

We said our goodbyes to Jarred and left the apartment, I stopped to look at him as we halted in front of my door.

"You need anything, just text me, call me whatever, no time is too late." He said in a serious tone placing both his hands on my shoulders as he searched my face, making sure I was definitely ok. "You don't feel dizzy or anything?"

"Hunter stop. I'm perfectly fine." I laughed, I could get used to all this attention from him though, I liked it an awful lot more than I should.

"Yes you are." He said quietly.

My stomach leaped. Then did a handstand and then a cartwheel. He must of realised that yes he did say that out loud and let's just say things turned a little awkward.