Part 12: Bath Pt. 1

Hello! I know it's strange to see me update in the middle of the week but I'll explain why at the end of the chapter, other than that, enjoy!
-------------------------------------------

Shiro's POV:

I started having a mini panic attack and started blabbering out, "No, no, no, no, no, it was just a way of instinct. I meant nothing by it, I swear. It's a habit since it's so early and I used to get this treatment a lot so I just got used to it and I just did it now and I'm so, so sorry it didn't mean anything."

"Shiro...."

"I know it was in the past and so long ago but it's just stuck. I mean that's how they started before the abuse so I felt like you were growing tired of me and-"

"Shiro..."

"-that you would start hurting me soon because of how much of a burden I've been. I mean I'd honestly been surprised since you're not that kind of person, but my mind just went to a different way of thinking for some reason I don't know and I'm so, so sorry Ichigo I really didn't-"

"SHIRO!"

I stopped my rambling and look at Ichigo. An involuntary shiver racked my body when I see his stern look, his face softened a bit when he sees me shake and he looks me in the eye while talking.

"Shiro it's okay. I get that your family did and still probably will treat you horribly, if you go back there. I don't know of things that can trigger you yet and I'll wait until you're ready to tell me.

I should be the one apologizing since I overreacted to such a simple thing. You just have to remember, I'll never hurt you and if I do, then it's unintentional. I care about you Shiro that won't change. I want to help and protect you.

I don't want to see you hurt or have you be so timid around me or anyone else. I want to show you how good people can be in this world even though there will still be the bad. But we can't change that, there will always be combat and confliction between the good and the bad. You were overpowered by the bad. I can see that it has and still is taking it's tole."

He stopped for a minute to take a breath then continued, "And I'll help you carry that tole because I care about you Shiro and I mean it."

I stare at him shocked with tears brimming at my eyes. During his little speech, he grabbed and held my hands, he held my scars with tenderness, and he looked at me in the eye with his stern wall broken as his facial expression turned soft and loving. He looked me in the eyes the whole time not breaking contact and sat there telling me these things.

The emotions that racked my body then and there made me break down and I started to cry with a small smile on my face. "T-thank you.....Ichi...." I said multiple times between sobs. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me while he rubbed my back. "Shhhh, shhh it's alright."He caressed my hair while rubbing my back which helped me calm down after a few hard sobs.

Soon enough my sobs turned into sniffles and I still held onto Ichigo. He seemed to think it was like last time when I broke down and went to pull me away. But I held onto his shirt tightly not wanting him to let go.

Ichigo's POV:

He doesn't want me to let go.

Holy hollow is this heaven? His hair is so soft and he's holding me so closely, his back feels weird with bumps all over. I start to get a bit angered thinking of how he would get abused horribly to receive these bumps but I push the thoughts at the back of my mind.

I continue to comfort Shiro as much as I could, with that being saidI scooted closer and pulled him onto me in a warm yet secure embrace. He slowly let go of my shirt and instead wrapped his arms around my waist hugging me back while keeping his head against my chest.

How did we both get so emotionally attached? Why am I allowing us to be this close for such a long time? This isn't me... I looked down slightly at Shiro's white mop of hair ...Shiro you've changed me.
I don't know if it's for better or worse but if you let me... I closed my eyes and tighten my hold on Shiro slightly while saying this..."I promise to protect you and save you from others and yourself. I promise to stay by you."

"And I promise that I'll never, ever hurt you or let you go." I opened my eyes again and look down to see gold on black eyes stairing up at me. I jumped a bit surprised but then I heard the door slam open.

Shiro and I instantly let each other go and I jumped back just to fall on the floor and hit my head. "Oh? Did I interrupt something?" My dad asked, I grumbled already annoyed and muttered a "kind of" but thankfully no one heard. I looked back at my dad annoyed, "Well I'm officially awake so I'm gonna go shower."

Both nodded and when I started to leave, my dad stopped me. "Son can you give Shiro a wash up after I check him? He really needs it." I just look at him with my usual expression. "Ya sure just make sure it's alright with him." I turn around and went up to my room to take a quick shower.

Isshin's POV:

Well he took that better then I expected. What happened to him though? He usually complains and such, so what's different this time? Is it Shiro? Hm...... With that last thought I turned to Shiro and smiled. "So how was your sleep?"

Shiro looked at me as he snapped out of his daze "U-uh it was great. Best rest I've had since......well...a long time." I nodded, happy that he had a good rest. "Do you think you'll be able to stand?"He immediately shook his head.

"Oh? And why is that?" He looked away shyly, "I tried..." I looked at him surprised "Wanna tell me why?" I give him my cheesiest grin and all he said was "drawing". I chuckled knowing that he probably acted the way he acted when I scared him while he was drawing.

"Well that makes a lot of sense. Since you need a bath and you can't stand, how's about we make Ichigo help you!" I see his face grow blue in less then a second and he starts to be a stuttering mess, "W-what?!?! W-w-why c-can't someone e-else help me b-bathe?!?"

I looked at him with my best dorky smile and answered that question a bit too cheekily. "Well we do only have two young female nurses and I have many other patients to take care of as well as yourself!"

He just stared at me with mouth wide open and his face completely blue. "I guess that's a yes then!" As soon as I said that his mouth moved but no words come out and he looked like a fish but I kept my smile on.
He seems to notice that I won't let him reject the request and instead just nodded cautiously, choosing not to argue.

-------------------------------------------
Story word count: 1,241

Total word count: 1,449

Hey pups! I know I said I'd update on the weekend but my great friend GabriellyVez forced me to update by Wednesday or else I'd get punched. (Thanks for the threat m8 -_-) I did get enough inspiration to make up this monstrosity. I have no idea how showering came into mind but I'll probably just do something with Shiro's scars. I don't know yet but I guess we'll have to wait. Also I don't think I'll update on the weekend of 11/11-11/13 because I'll be attending a wedding. I may or may not get to update this weekend since I update once a week but we'll just have to wait and see how bad my writer's block gets. Anyways on another note I'll no longer have a limit on the back-up writer opportunity but if I get any entries then I'll wait till I have about 4 or 5 to make a final decision. Well with that being said, I'll see you all next time, bye pups!