Love Me • s.l

"Can you please tell me where we're going, Sean? You've been driving for four hours now and my ass is so numb."

Crossing my arms, I asked him that and groaned. I've been growing so impatient since we left because I don't like it when he's not telling me something. Well, I do like surprises but you know, I just wanted to know.

He reached for my left hand and I looked at him. "It's a secret, baby girl." He smirked and squeezed my thigh. "What's a surprise when you're telling?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. 

We just officially finished and graduated high school three days ago. And today is Sean's eighteenth birthday. I should be the one surprising him, but here he goes, doing the other way around and dragging me somewhere and surprising me. Well, I'm seventeen. And my birthday's in a month. I even don' have an idea how he managed to ask permission from my parents, and they were okay with that as long as Sean promised that he'll take care of me and nothing bad would happen. So now, we're on our way to who knows where we are. All that he told me was to pack for three days and two nights. He even told me to bring swimsuits for this road trip, I guess. But basically, I'm also thinking that we're going to a beach or something.

Greetings from SALINAS, CALIFORNIA

Sitting up straight, my eyes widened when I saw the sign board. "Salinas?" I asked in shock.

"What?" He asked in shock too.

"Are we in Salinas?" I asked again and looked at him.

He chuckled and grinned at me. "Welcome to Salinas, baby." He told me. I can't believe it! It's my first time to go out of town, in general, and I'm with him. I'm so happy right now. 

I looked at him again. "But where are we exactly going?" I asked him again.

"That's for me to keep, and for you to find out." He said. "Just three kilometers more, El." He chuckled and he reached for my hand again.

To defeat boredom, I decided to go on Instagram, scrolling through my phone by my right hand because my left was still holding his hand. And then, I posted something because my sight right now is too cute.

 And then, I posted something because my sight right now is too cute

@elaina_garza: oh darling, let's be adventurers ☄

And then later on, he told me that we're nearing to wherever we're going. So I started freshening up. I continued fixing myself until I didn't realize the places we're passing through. I just knew it when he spoke. "We're here." He told me and I examined the place. 

Salinas River State Beach

My eyes widened again in surprise. "Beach?" I sat up straight.

"Let's go?" I didn't notice that Sean opened the door for me. He held my hand and then pulled me inside a luxurious resort. 

(A/N: there wasnt really a luxury resort but lets pretend bec this is a fanfic bbg)  

We walked together towards the front desk. "Good afternoon, sir. Welcome to La Isla Bonita de Salinas." The girl looked at Sean with malice, and I was irritated by her attitude. She just greeted Sean! Ugh, hello? I fucking exist.