Chapter 5

Jasmine POV

"Alright, you are all finished." I said to the girl that was in my chair. She looked in the mirror and smiled.

"Thank you. I love it." She said. I took the apron off and she got up and went to go pay.

"So, when is your fine ass brother gonna walk up in this store?" Nini asked. I shook my head while cleaning up my section.

"never. He will literally kill me if he finds we working here." I said. She chuckled and unlocked her phone.

"Well, you are just working. What is the big problem?" She asked shrugging. I sighed and plopped on to my chair.

"Him and brother want to be able to provide for me for the rest of my life. They want me to be their little princess forever." I said rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Aww. That is cute." She said holding her heart. I laughed and shook my head.

"Not when they are crazy." I said. I heard the door open and looked up. Xavier walked in and we made eye contact. He winked at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"And where the hell was you all last night? Don't think I didn't ehere come home after 3 in the morning." Monica said pointing a hot comb at Xavier. He chuckled and put his hands up.

"I was just out. Chill the fuck out." He said. She raised an eyebrow and went back to doing her clients hair.

"Yo, Jasmine. You gonna acting like you don't know a nigga again?" He asked. I looked at him and smirked.

"I am sorry but am I suppose to know you?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He smirked and licked his lips.

"Stop playing girl. You know damn well you was texting me all last night." He said. I blushed and looked down at my phone. I heard him chuckling.

"Stop. What are you doing here anyways?" I asked. He shrugged and sat in the chair next to me.

"I wanted to visit my sister and my girl." He said.

"Oh..well that's nice." I said. I got up and cleaned up my area even though it was shining.

"Why you say it like that." He asked. I shrugged and wiped down my chair again.

"I didn't say it anyway." I said. I looked at the time and my shift just eneded. I sighed and grabbed my bag.

"Alright. I am gone." I said waving at everyone.

"Facetime me later." Xavier said. I nodded and walked out the salon. It is a little chilly tonight. I wrapped my cardigan tighter around me.

I was a good 5 minutes in to my walk until a car pulled up next to me.

"Jasmine!" A deep voice yelled. I turned around and froze up.

"The fuck are you doing walking by yourself at night?" He asked. I looked at him through the window and was speechless.

"I was just coming back from the salon." I finally said. He raised an eyebrow and put his car in park. He got out and walked over to me.

"Uncle Mike." I said crossing my arms.

"What were you really doing?" He said seriously.

"I went to the salon." I said. He looked down at me and shook his head.

"Get in the car." He said. He turned around and walked to his car. I still stood there. My uncle is just as crazy. I am not getting in that car with him.

"Jasmine, don't make me force your ass in this car." He said. I sighed and got in. He sped off towards my house.

"What are you doing around here anyways?" I asked once we where 3 minutes in to the ride.