Halloween

Requested by: melodiousoblivion

The cracks of lightning on a dull, gloomy evening always made for a rather creepy ambience. Especially when the most haunting season of the year knocked at the door, right when you were least expecting it to. While it was the most frightening of the year, it could also be the most enjoyable to some.

Alexander tried convincing his girlfriend that the holiday could be fun, with nudging her towards watching a scary movie. They'd been together for a year, and he knew she would give in and watch one.

But however long that would take was a question full of uncertainty.

"Eliza, how about one horror film? Nothing's going to hurt you, it's all cinema-"

She groaned at his pestering tone. "No, I'm not sleeping tonight if you insist on watching something so terrifying." Huffing impatiently, she removed a star headband from her hair.

Being young and in love as they were, their costumes obviously had to coordinate that year for the annual costume party. Though it took them several hours of searching for the right fabric and idea, they decided on superman and wonder woman.

"We don't have to sleep tonight, love," he flirted back at her, only receiving a sarcastic chuckle in reply. Knowing she was serious about this, Alexander cleared his throat. "Let me find one that's satisfactory for us."

Popping The Shining in the movie player, and stripping himself into a more comfortable outfit, Alexander anxiously watched the opening credits start up. His knuckles cracked with every movement, as he awaited his girlfriend's arrival.

If she was hiding in the bedroom, it would surely come to bite her. What could possibly be taking her so long?

"You're leaving the lights off, huh?" In the shadows of his apartment kitchen, Alexander caught sight of her. He tapped the couch pillow beside him, not wanting to act scared yet, but hoping she'd hurry up.

"Well, if it makes any difference, there's flash lights over here." Silence filled the room followed by a relieved sounding swear word he never heard say before, and the echo of her approaching footsteps.

Eliza cuddled close to her boyfriend, tucking in her bare feet with the various blankets on the couch. She timidly leaned onto his chest, resting her head there, and letting out an uneasy breath as the bright light from the screen illuminated their faces.

The plot wasn't hard to follow, and it didn't seem like much of a scary movie to start off with. However, she didn't move off chest, and kept breathing slowly and deeply.

"If they're staying in this hotel, it can't end well, right?" Eliza grabbed his shirt and pulled him even closer to her body. She felt herself shuddering at just the thought of something like this actually happening.

"I've never heard of a horror movie that did end well," he replied, kissing the top of her head. Alexander pushed her hair back from her neck and traced his cold fingertips along the veins. He heard a soft shudder, which was clearly not made by the film.

More of the movie passed and the intensity grew between the couple and the movie. About halfway through, Alexander silently asked himself if he locked the apartment door. Just seconds later, his girlfriend questioned that exact thing.

At one point, where things started to go uphill in the film, Eliza almost screamed. She laughed nervously, tracing above Alexander's belt buckle subconsciously. "It's not the smartest move to put some insane person in a closet."

Alexander inhaled deeply, feeling her fingers pattern across his stomach, and so daringly close to something else. "Yeah, none of these people are ever smart in horror movies. All they're thinking about is if they'll get killed and that sort of sets an adrenaline, I guess."

You're ranting, because you're getting turned on, a little, naughty voice told him right at the moment a jump scare happened.

"Shit!" Both of them jumped out of their skins, without a doubt, leaving them in a fit of laughs.

Eliza's eyes filled with tears, as she laughed harder than he'd ever seen her before. "You should have seen your face! I thought you weren't scared by horr-" She couldn't finish her sentence, for the laughter came back again.

Alexander crossed his arms. "Come on, stop goofing around, you're gonna miss the-"

Yet again they got frightened.

"Dam-" Before he could swear enough to scare even the villainous father, Eliza hushed him. She still had that giddy smile on her face, but she somehow had managed to fall silent.

Looking at her confused, as to why she stopped him midway, Alexander tilted his head. She only raised her body up halfway and leaned in gently for their lips to touch.

He let out a surprised sound of approval. This could beat watching any horror movie, even if it involved a man hacking through a wooden door at that very moment.

Eliza fell a little deeper, growing more courage, and kissing passionately. She felt like something more was needed, and it wouldn't be just the candy corn and treats.

"Damn," he finally breathed into the kiss, letting out that long held back swear word. Her hands momentarily lingered on his cheeks, and she beamed shyly at him.

The screaming on the movie escalated, and all that had to be done to silence it was the click of a button on the remote. Covered in darkness, and completely at ease without the cries of the characters in the movie, both of them leaned back in again to one another's embrace.

Maybe the full moon caused something to ignite inside their hearts in that moment, but only the distant howl of a wolf would declare the rest of the night for that dear, lovesick pair.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
A/N: Thank you melodiousoblivion for the request! It's sort of a fluffy Halloween one shot, just in spirit of the season and holiday, for all of you to enjoy. Wishing you all a very happy Halloween! More one shots to be posted shortly, thanks for reading.