Forgiveness

Requested by: AngelaLogic
OC: Luna Richardson

"Why are you walking so slow? Trust me, they'll greet with you the upmost respect and kindness you've ever received."

With a spring in her step, Peggy pulled her friend along. She had promised to introduce her to the others and she could barely contain her excitement. It was positively thrilling to her, knowing that this was a new direction in their friendship.

However, her friend wasn't sure what to expect. What if they all despised her? She knew it was wrong to feel nervous. All she wanted was to make a decent impression.

Shaking the thought away, she listened to Peggy ramble on about the different people she would be meeting.

"Luna, we're here," her friend said, grabbing her hand. Raising her head forward, Luna could just see in the distance the rather large house that occupied the top of the hill. She hurriedly followed Peggy, hoping it would all turn out well.

When they entered the main hall, there were outbursts of laughter from one of the rooms that lined the house. Feeling dizzy at the sight of such a glamorous house, Luna took a few breaths to calm down. The more she thought about meeting the people that Peggy looked up to so dearly, she became a little worried.

At the sound of gasps, Luna looked up and watched as two women ran forward to embrace her friend. The three of them all stood in a circle, not wanting to let go of one another, gasping in relief at seeing each other.

From the open door on the right, a few men entered the hall, mostly laughing about something. All of them cheered, "Well, hello there!" As many of them gathered around her, Luna observed each of the men. She tried to remember how Peggy described them, but her mind seemed to go blank.

One of the men noticed her, holding out a hand. "You must be Luna Richardson. It's quite an honor." Even though he looked anxious, maybe a little unpleasant, he shook her hand.

The girls separated their embrace, to all chuckle at the one man's gesture. "Why do you flirt with any girl in sight, Alexander?"

Alexander. Thankful to put a name to the face, Luna nodded to herself. Of what she knew, he was engaged to Eliza. However, she wasn't sure which sister that was. She didn't have to wait long for an answer.

"I wasn't flirting with her, okay?" Was that disgust she sensed in his voice? Alexander cleared his throat, but stepped away to one of the sisters.

Luna tilted her head. Eliza. She watched as the couple walked to meet each other in the center of the hall. Someone coughed from the side, "I speak for all of us when I say that it would be quite nice if the two of you could keep it simple, even though y'all are getting married."

The man kept off the staircase, shaking his hips to his own beat. Amused, Luna stifled a laugh, covering her mouth. He spotted her, much to her disappointment, and strode over.

"And you would be the girl that the little one has spoke of so highly." Taking her hand, he massaged it before letting it drop. "Whatever she told you, it's probably stretched in the way of truth." He laughed, making Luna smile.

There was a snort of disapproval and two of the men who weren't dressed as pompous. He turned and harshly said, "You want to argue with that?" They all exchanged glances before agreeing that wouldn't be the most intelligent choice.