Pleased (2)

Requested by: Angelica-Schuyler12
OC: Frances Washington

Frances tried to convince herself she wasn't falling for a man. Nights passed by where it was just her and the moon streaming into her window, pacing back and forth in the beam, thinking about the encounter with the Marquis de Lafayette. Charming, with a clever smile, he had managed to capture her attention.

However, she couldn't let it impact her. No, I won't let love get in the way, Frances thought to herself one night. Restlessly flipping back and forth, all her mind kept wandering back to seemed to be that smile and classic wig. To that tailored suit and pair of shoes.

To- "Frances! Get ahold of yourself! Those aren't ladylike thoughts..." She shivered, physically pulling the covers up to her chest. It looked like a silly love interest was getting the best of her ever so quickly.

After nights upon nights of fantasies and endless possibilities, Frances forced herself uptown to see someone she knew would understand. To someone she hoped would understand her problem. He just had to.

"Hamilton. I do hope this isn't a bothersome time for us-" What she bumped into on her way to speak to her friend wasn't anything she'd been prepared for. It was far from that. Poised against the wall, Lafayette raised his head as she entered the room.

Frances let out a whimper at the sight. Her hand flew to her mouth and she stumbled backward. From across the room, Alexander finally recognized her entry. "Ah, dear Frances, lovely of you to join us. It's not a bother at all, please, take a seat."

Oh, how dare he. Alexander knew how weak in the knees his companion made her. He liked playing around with her crush on him, just as much as she loathed his every smirk in her general direction.

All the while she'd been thinking to herself, Frances hadn't noticed the gentleman, the exact one she was currently crushing on, offering her a place to sit.

"Madam." Uncomfortable but amused at the same time, the Marquis shoved the chair behind her. Something about the movement of the chair made Frances snap out of her fantasizes, for a second, enough for the young woman to almost fall over.

Grasping only air in her hands, a panicked gasp left her lips, moments before two secure hands wrapped around her waist. He's holding me.

Frances remained slumped in his arms, until she realized how improper it was becoming the longer they stayed that way. "T-tha-merci," she corrected herself, as he set her down in the chair gently. Gilbert's eyes brightened up.

"It's my pleasure. You're still as beautiful as I recall, Miss.Washington." He looked like there was something else on his mind, but instead of saying anything, he nodded and headed over to where Hamilton watched intently.

"Do you ever stop flirting? That goes for the both of you. Neither one of you can keep talk to each other without blushing." Alexander crossed his arms, looking at both of his friends. Just as he opened his mouth to speak again, the door slammed open.

"Gentlemen, what have we got?" In stepped the man himself, George Washington, all done up in a blue and gold jacket. The moment he entered the room, he laid eyes on his step daughter. Out all the people to be in his study, one of those was not her. "Frances, I-"

"My sincere apologizes, father. I came to speak with Mr.Hamilton, but it seems that will have to wait. I'll escort myself out, as your plans mean priva-"