Trouble Sleeping

I toss and turn for what feels like hours. My body is unable to relax, my head is swimming with thoughts. Why can't I just fall asleep? This has actually been happening a lot lately. I'm not sure if I'm worried about Josh leaving again soon for the European Tour or if it's because I am under a lot of stress due to school.

I stare up at the ceiling, thinking about giving up with trying to sleep. It's a wonder I can even function with how little sleep I've been getting. I think it's time to just give up. Slowly I get out of bed, try to be quite as to not wake Josh up. I creep down stairs, heading to the kitchen. I think a cup of tea is needed.

I put on the kettle then swiftly moving to the cupboard to grab a mug. Once the kettle goes off and I've made my cup of tea, I walk into the living room. I set the cup down on the coffee table, sitting down on the couch turning on the tv. I suppose I could take this opportunity to get caught up on How To Get Away With Murder.

"Couldn't sleep?" A voice asks sleepily.

I turn to see Josh standing there looking rather tired. He walks toward me sluggishly, sitting down on the couch next to me.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I question.

"In a way, I turned over to cuddle with you but you weren't there. I assumed you couldn't sleep, so I came down to see if you were alright," he says to me, his voice a bit hoarse.

"I don't know why I can't sleep lately, I can't figure out if it's because you're leaving soon or if it's because of the stress from school," I mutter, practically in defeat to him.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I wish I could make it better. Do you wanna go and cuddle, then see if maybe you fall asleep?" He questions, wrapping an arm around my waist.

I nod my head in response. We both slowly stand up from the couch, then walk to our bedroom hand in hand. I crawl in to bed sluggishly, starting to feel drained of all energy. I pull the covers over my body, waiting for Josh. He looks at me with a smile before he too crawls into bed next to me.

Josh wraps his strong arm around my waist, pulling me close to his body. I snuggle into his chest, inhaling the sweet smell of his cologne. Josh lovingly and sweetly kisses the top of my head, running his fingers through my hair. I listen to the soothing sound of his heart beat, it's almost like listening to the sound of a metronome.

His hand starts to soothingly rub my back in a slow, steady motion. My eyes begin to grow heavy, my muscles relaxing. Soon I find myself actually starting to fall asleep, the first time in what has felt like weeks. Josh leans down, softly pressing his lips on mine in a sleepy yet loving kiss.

Soon after, I drift off into a peaceful slumber. Probably the best sleep I've had in weeks. I'm not sure how I'm going to fall asleep once Josh leaves on tour, but I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when it comes.