Staying With The Neighbors (Part 1)

"Y/N, can you come down here please?" My dad calls from the living room.

I roll my eyes heading down to the living room from my bedroom. I walk into to see both my mom and my dad sitting down on the couch together.

"What's up?" I ask taking a seat at one of the other chairs in the room.

"Well, your father and I want to go on a second honeymoon," my mom begins.

"That's great," I interject.

"Yeah its, but you have to stay here because of your schooling so we've arranged for you to stay with the neighbors," my dad states.

I look at him wide eyed. The neighbors? I'm going to be staying with the Dun's while my parents go off on a romantic getaway. I don't even know them. Yeah, sure, they have a kid my age but it's not like he and I are friends. I don't think I've ever even had a conversation with him.

"Um, yeah okay that's fine," I finally say to them. "When do you leave?"

"Two days," my mom says.

"Oh, and how long will you be gone for?" I question nervously.

"Two week," my dad replies.

"Okay then," I say standing up and walking back to my bedroom.

Great, I get to spend two weeks with people I hardly even know. This is a nightmare. Why couldn't they have just arranged for me to stay at a friend's house not the Dun's. I am really not looking forward to the next two week.

Here we are, staying in front of the Dun's front door. I stand there awkwardly and nervous, suitcase in hard. I am seriously dreading this.

"Katie, Roger, Y/N. Come in," Laura says cheerfully as she opens the door.

The three of us walk into the house. Laura leads us into the living room. This women is extremely perky. Her perkiness will probably be the death of me. Once we're in the living room her husband Bill and Josh, I think his name is, sitting on the couch.

"Thank you for agreeing to looking after Y/N," my mom says.

"Oh it's no problem, we're happy to have her," Bill says with a smile.

"Y/N, you know Josh right?" Laura asks me.

I just nod my head in response. There's no point in explaining how Josh and I have never spoken a word to one another, and how these two weeks are going to be completely uncomfortable for me. Laura and Bill are my parents friends, they have never really made an effort to make Josh and I be friends, at least not as we've gotten older.

"Josh, can you go show Y/N to her room?" Bill questions Josh, nudging him a bit.

Josh nods his head, standing up from his seat. He walks past me motioning for me to follow. We walk up the stairs to a room at the end of the hall. Josh opens the door, my eyes scan the room. It's extremely plain, but there's nothing I can change about it.

"Thanks," I say quietly to him, stepping into the room and setting my suitcase next to the bed.

"You're welcome. Um, and you'll be sharing a bathroom with me, I hope that's okay," he says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah, that's fine," I say walking out of the room, standing in front of him.

"I, um, I want to get to know you better Y/N over the next two weeks. We haven't been close since we were kids and I want to get that friendship back," he says shyly.

"Yeah, I'd like that," I say to him with a smile.

Maybe, just maybe, these next two weeks won't be that bad.