I Made A Mistake

(Y/N POV)

Every couple fights, it's a natural thing to do but, lately, Josh and I have been just fighting nonstop. Josh has just been distant and forgetful lately, it's really effecting me. Last week was our three year anniversary and he wasn't here, he was at a friends place and he hasn't realized it yet. I've vented to Jenna about it who of course told Tyler. The second Tyler found out he was so upset, Tyler is like a brother to me now after all of these years and even though he is Josh's best friend he really looks out for me.

Tyler and Jenna both have tried to talk to Josh to try and figure out what's been going on with him, but he refuses to talk. He just tells them that everything's fin but the three of us know it's not. Part of me is worried that he's decided he has had enough of me and has gone back to Debbie since they're still really close, even after all of this time. Jenna keeps telling me that it can't be true since Josh loves me so much, but I just don't know anymore.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as the front door had slammed shut. I was staring at my computer screen while sitting on the couch, reading some article about the latest idiotic thing that Trump has come out and said. I looked up and saw Josh and he looked pissed.

"Josh, what's wrong?" I asking setting my computer aside and turning my body to face him.

"Why are Tyler and Jenna continuously pestering me about our relationship? What do you know about that Y/N? Huh?" He said his face turing red with anger.

"They're just looking out for me, Josh. Things have been hard lately between us and I've been confiding in them," I say to him calmly.

"Y/N, they're my friends. Not yours." Ouch. "And things have not been hard between us. What put that thought in your head?"

"You've been distant and we seem to always be fighting lately," I try to say on the brink of tears. I look down at my heads and wipe my tears away quickly, hoping Josh wouldn't notice.

"I have not been distant!" He yells. I can't take this anymore. I stand up from the couch and walk to our bedroom.

I walk to the closet and pull out a duffle bag and start packing up my belongings. I start to really cry even though I don't want to. I just can't take this anymore, he just doesn't seem to care. I try to gather my things as quickly as possible until I heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I wipe the tears quickly away again right as the door flings open.

"What are you doing?" His voice bellows out.

"I'm leaving," I say in a hushed tone as I walk into the bathroom to gather my belongings that were in there.

"Why? Give me a fucking reason Y/N!" He screams. I place the rest of the belongs and zip up the bag, taking it in my hands.

"Do you even realize what last week was?" I ask in a flat voice looking at him straight in the eyes.

"There was nothing special about last week," he harshly says crossing his arms.

"You're oblivious, you know that? It was our three year anniversary, Josh. You spent it with your friends while I spent it on the phone crying to Jenna," I yell at him. I push past him and head down stairs to the front door grabbing my computer, phone, purse, and keys. Just as I'm about to leave the house when Josh pulled me back to face him.

"No it wasn't, our anniversary is the 22nd," he says his voice softening.

"Josh, today's the 30th. Call me when you fix and deal with what ever it is that's going on with you," I say waling out of the door to the car. Once in my car I call Jenna.

"Hello?" She says into the phone.

"I left," I say crying into the phone.

"Oh, sweetie. Drive over here so we can talk, okay?"