The Storm

There is only one thing that I'm afraid of and that's storms. The only thing that helps me get through them is Josh. He's so loving and protective, he always comforts me until all is calm. Of course tonight there is suppose to be a storm. The thought of a storm just gives me so much anxiety.

"Are you okay baby?" Josh asks me kissing my cheek. I'm currently making dinner, Josh moves behind me at the stove and wraps his arms around my waist placing his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, just thinking," I say to him focusing at the food in front of me.

"It'll be okay, I'm here to protect you," he says to me kissing my cheek again.

"I know, but I can't help feeling a bit anxious at the thought of a storm coming," I say truthfully.

"I know baby, I'm here," he says tightening his arms around my waist. "I'll set the table."

Josh moved away from me and walked to the cabinet puling out two plates for us. He sets the table in the kitchen nook. I finished up the spaghetti that I was making for us. I take the pot and serve some on each of our plates. I place the pot back on the stove and grab the loaf of garlic bread that was in the stove and put it in the middle of the table. We sat and at our meal, casually talking about random things. That is until there was a rumble of thunder from outside.

I scream out covering my ears. I feel extremely scared. I have always hated storms for as long as I could remember. Josh stands up from his seat and walks over to me and picks me up out of my chair. I wrap my arms around his neck, burying my head in his chest.

Josh slowly walked us to our shared bedroom and laid me on the bed. He walked over to the speakers we had in our room and turned on Halsey at a bit higher volume to they and blackout the sounds outside. He plugs in the fairy lights that hang above our bed and then gets into the bed next to me.

"Come here baby," he says to me sweetly. I scoot closer to him intertwining our legs. "It's going to be okay, I'm here. Nothing is going to hurt you," Josh whispers.

I look up to him and bring my hand to his cheek. He leans in closer to me and places a soft kiss on my lips. I immediately kiss him back wrapping my arms around his neck. The kiss turns into a bit. It was a great distraction, Josh's lips on mine with music playing in the background it felt so romantic almost even though some of that anxiety was sort of there.

"I love you, Y/N," Josh whispers parting from the kiss.

"I love you too Josh," I whisper back.

"Do you feel better," he says to me quietly.

"Yeah, you make me feel safe," I say taking his hand in mine.

"I promise to always keep you safe Y/N," he says back to me.

"Really?" I say looking at him.

"Yeah, you're all I want, I want to spend the rest of my life with you Y/N. I promise to always keep you safe even when you're old and wrinkly," he says tapping my nose with his finger.

"I love you so much Josh," I say almost in tears, he makes me so completely happy.

"I love you so much too Y/N," he says placing a loving kiss on my lips. I feel safe, I know Josh will always protect me. Because of Josh I know the storm won't hurt me, nothing can hurt me as long as I have Josh by my side.