Staying With The Neighbors (Part 2)

Adjusting to life with the Dun's has been interesting. It's just weird, living with people you hardly know. It's also a little awkward for me, I'm finding it kind of hard to talk to Laura and Bill. Dinners and casual conversations have been anxiety ridden for me. I keep hoping that this experience will get better, but it's hard to see the light of the situation.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Josh asks popping his head into the room.

I'm sitting at the desk in the corner of the room, my head down. I turn to look at him and just nod my head in response. Part of me doesn't even really want to talk. But, I can tell from his face that he does. Josh walks into the room, taking a seat on the bed.

"Come on now, talk to me," he encourages.

"This whole situation is a bit awkward for me honestly," I say sitting up and turning around to face him.

"I'm sure it is, but I want to make it better for you. Wanna go to a movie and skip another awkward dinner with my family?" He questions with a smile.

"Um yeah okay, what movie though?" I ask tilting my head to the side as I look at him.

Why does he have to be so gosh darn attractive? Over the past couple of days I've found myself staring at Josh, becoming attracted to him.

"How about the new Medea movie? I heard it's suppose to be pretty funny," he replies rubbing the back of his neck.

"Wait, you like Medea? And here I thought I was the only one," I say with a giggle, my body starting to relax.

I've also noticed that I get super tense when he's around. I think this is honestly the fist time I've been even semi relaxed with Josh within any distance of me.

"I think Medea is hysterical, it's the only Tyler Perry movie I can even stand," he says with a laugh.

"Well let's go then," I say standing up from my seat.

"Awesome, let me go tell my parents."

Josh leaves the room with a smile. I run a hand through my hair, knots beginning to form in my stomach. This is going to be a long night. How am I going to be able to relax and have fun with Josh sitting right next to me in the theater? I'm going to end up being a nervous wreck.

"Ready to go?" Josh questions, standing in front of the bedroom door now with a coat on.

I smile at him, nodding in response. I grab a coat from the closet and follow him down stair. We wave goodbye to Bill and Laura as we walk out the door. Butterflies irrupt in my stomach as we walk out to his car. How am I going to survive this?

The movie was a complete riot. Both Josh and I were laughing our asses off from start to finish. On top of that, I was actually pretty relaxed the entire time. With all the jokes and all the laughing, I didn't even realize that Josh was right next to me. Though, throughout the movie he kept resting his hand on my knee. I don't want to really read into it, but I can't help but think that maybe he could have feelings for me.

"I had fun tonight," Josh says, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah me too," I say turning to look at him with a smile.

We're only a few blocks away from the house, and honestly I don't want this night to end. I had a fun time tonight with Josh. I'm starting to really warm up to him.

"I don't want tonight to end," Josh whispers.

I look at him wide eyed, but I don't think he realizes that I heard. Could Josh actually like me? I'm dreaming aren't I. This is all just a dream. I could pinch myself and I'll wake up in bed. I move my hand to my arm, softly pinching myself. Nope, this is reality.

Soon we pull into the driveway. Once we walk through that door, the night is over. I step out of the car, Josh following in suit. We walk toward the door, side by side, our hands occasionally brushing against one another. I feel my cheeks getting warm, a blush forming across my face.

"Hang on, before we go inside," Josh begins stopping in front of the door, "could I, could I maybe kiss you?"

I try to speak, but no words form. I'm too nervous to speak. I just nod my head in response. Josh takes a step closer to me, his head moving up to my cheek caressing it softly. His eyes move from my eyes to my lips. Ever so slowly he leans in. As his lips softly press against mine, it feels like time itself stops around us. I melt into the kiss. I move my arms around his neck deepening it, suddenly having a boost of confidence. This moment is perfect, I don't want it to end.

"I like you Y/N, a lot," Josh whispers to me, parting from my lips.

"I like you a lot too," I whisper in response. What has gotten into me? How on earth am I so confident all of a sudden and not a nervous wreck?

"Would you maybe want to go out on a real date with me tomorrow night?" He ask softly, his thumb softly rubbing my skin.

"I'd like that."

Josh smiles at me, softly pecking my lips. He opens the front door motioning me to go inside. We step inside the house, walking up the stairs to our rooms. We stop in front of the guest bed door. Josh looks at me, with what seems to be adoration maybe. 

"Goodnight, Y/N," he whispers, leaning in kissing a soft kiss on my lips yet once again. 

"Goodnight, Josh," I whisper in response.

I smile at him moving into the guest bedroom. He returns the smile walking away to his own bedroom. I slowly walk over to the bed flooring down onto the mattress, the smile never leaving my face. This stay is actually starting to lighten up, and I can't wait for what comes next.