part 30

[vanessa's pov]
fucking hell. janice looks me up and down. fuck her.
caleb just stands there after that.
i move closer to cody, "nice seeing you, caleb."
cody & istart walking to theatre number 5 where the movie is playing.
"are you okay?" cody whispers.
i nod and kiss him on the cheek. we walk down the aisle & walk to the front row of the stairs section. there's an elderly couple in the corner, but other than that, it's just us.
i slide into my seat and pull out the pack of gum from my purse.
watermelon. my favorite. i take a piece out for myself and hold the open package to cody.
"ooh, yes please." he says, eagerly grabbing a piece from the package. he opens it quickly and puts it in his mouth.
i giggle and put the package back in my purse.
then, around the corner i see caleb, janice & georgia walk in. you have to be kidding.
i pretend i didn't even see them and stare straight ahead. the previews are ending and the lights dim.
here we go.

--
the movie is fantastic so far. all of the cinematography and music is amazing, the acting is so great as well. janice & georgia keep whispering and laughing which is fucking annoying. i don't hear caleb at all. strange.
then, a really sad scene hits. the poor boy upstairs has a tear rolling down his face. he had just been used.. hurt.. he was feared again.
not to mention emma being afraid to love jacob because her heart had been broken.
i feel tears start to fall down my cheeks.
really? right now? my mascara is probably all over my face.
"i'll be right back." i whisper to cody.
i get up and quickly exit the theatre, walking to the nearby bathroom quickly.

----
[caleb's pov]
the movie is great so far. i wish janice & georgia could shut up for two seconds, but other than that, it's good.
i'm close enough to see vanessa wipe her eyes. if i was there, i would be there for her. her shoulder to cry on. cody just continues to watch the movie.
what's wrong with him?
then vanessa gets up and leaves the theatre.
fuck. everything inside me screams to follow her.
it's going to be way too obvious if i do. i don't think janice noticed that she left.
it's been a minute or 2 and she still hasn't come back. fuck it. i need to check on her.
"hey i'm going to the bathroom." i whisper to janice. she's facing georgia & she turns around for a moment.
"okay." she whispers and turns back to georgia.
alrighty then.
i casually walk down the stairs and exit the theatre. i don't think cody noticed.
when i get into the hallway, she's almost to the entrance.
we almost run into each other.
her eyes are red, she has been crying. she doesn't deserve to cry. i want her to be happy.
"hi," i mumble, "are you okay?"
she hesitates for a moment, then speaks up, "y-yeah. i'm fine, thank you."
she pulls her sleeves to cover her hands and then folds her arms.
"how have you been?" she asks.
i shrug, "i'm fine."
she nods and stares into the distance.
hug her you idiot.
i close the space between her and i and i wrap my arms around her.
she's wearing a new perfume & i love it. her hair is extra soft, too.
"i probably should get back." she whispers. her voice cracks slightly.
i pull away, "yeah, sure."
she whispers, "thank you, caleb." and walks back inside.
damn.

---
[vanessa's pov]
"that movie was so good." cody says to me as we leave the theatre.
i nod in agreement. i had only given a small wave to caleb as a goodbye.
cody holds the door open for me. the chilly air hits me. it instantly cools my hot skin, i feel so uneasy after everything.
the moon is shining brightly through the clouds. the stars peek through slightly.
caleb is fine? that's good, then. why am i not 100% happy for him? because you wish he was with you. thanks, brain.
i get into the passenger seat of cody's jeep and replay what happened.
i missed caleb & his amazing hugs so much.. but he's moved on. he's fine. he just did that as a friendly gesture. stop overthinking.
"you're kinda quiet.. are you okay?" cody asks, placing a hand on my thigh.
i perk up, "yeah, i'm great."
and we all know that's a bullshit lie.

------
kind of a short chapter.. FOOKING FUCK!!!

i enjoy that word.

today was absolutely awful i am so done lol

thanks for reading!! xo

- adrianna