Love thy neighbour. *¥~ (original)

"He's so dreamy." I sigh, staring at my crush like a love sick puppy. "You're not still drooling over Andrew are you? Surely by now, you'd be over him." Matt spoke behind me, I looked at him. I watched as he dug in his locker, looking for his keys.

I suppose I should introduce myself, it's rather rude of me to tell you a story and not do such. My name is Tricia Brannon. I'm eighteen and I'm a senior in high-school. Matt is one of my best friends. Andrew is, well, my crush.

I look back at where Andrew was standing with his girlfriend Hailey. She was blabbering on about school to him, I could tell by his bored look. "He will never notice you. I seriously don't understand this crush." Matt said again, shutting his locker and leaning against it. "When it was Jesse I could understand. But you've lived next to him for years, and he's never once noticed you." I knew he was trying to make me see reality.

But he didn't know about a few nights ago, when Andrew and me sat outside under the moon and talked until almost 3:00 am. "I suppose you're right." I sighed, and Matt straightened up. I followed him to his car, and he gave me a lift home.

I sighed deeply, walking to my room. "Hey brat! Mom left me in charge." I heard my older brother, Dylan, announce down the hall. "Whatever, don't bother me." I retorted, escaping to the attic where my nice warm bed was.

-tap tap-

I rubbed my eye, hearing a soft tap on my window. I pulled the curtains back to see it was a tree branch. It was also night out. "Can't sleep either?" I heard Andrew's voice from his window. I opened mine and looked to him. "I just woke up, actually." I smiled at him, as he chuckled.

"Can you come over here?" He asked looking up to the sky. I got onto the window ledge, grabbed the branch and used the tree to get to his window. I took his hand and he helped me into his room. "I saw you looking at me today." He moved his legs so I could sit beside him. "Yeah, sorry I stare a lot." I blushed red.

He smiled, reaching over and brushing my hair over my ear. His hand lingering on my face. "Andrew..." I ask as he pulled his hand away. "Sorry, I couldn't resist." He turned away and looked to the night sky. "No, it was fine. I was just wondering." I hesitate when he looks at me.

"Wondering what?" He asks, when I don't ask my question. I took a deep breath in and exhaled it slowly. "I shouldn't be so nosy. But, why are you with her?" He blinked at me, looking shocked I would ask such a thing. "Because I love her." He said without hesitation. I felt tears threaten my eyes, and I stood up. I prepared to go back to my room. "No you obviously don't. Or you're a douchebag cheater." I snapped and jumped to the tree and went to my room. I didn't bother to see his face. I closed my window and shut the black out curtains. I curled up, crying into my pillow.

"Tricia. Please." I heard him, but refused to answer him. I finally heard the click his window made and cried more.

--

The next day, I stood at my locker. "He will never love you." Matt's words echoed in my head and I drew my fist back. Hitting the lockers so hard, it left a decent sized dent. I stepped back, staring in shock.

"Miss Brannon. Please report to the principle office now!" I heard a teacher demand and ran off to the office.

I collapsed into a chair, as the secretary came out the principle's office. "Oh my, what got you sent here?" She looked at me shocked, it was the first time I had ever been sent. "I got mad about a personal issue. I punched the lockers to hard and dented them." I admitted to her my crimes as if I were admitting my sins to god.

She sighed and shook her head. "Go to class, lockers can be fixed." She dismissed me, and I left. I passed by Hailey in the hall, and she followed me into the restroom. "So I heard you had a little crush on my man." She'd say, I looked up from cooling my face off. "And who might you have heard that nasty lie from?" I said in my best 'will you piss off please' tone.