Gatelderia

Yami's P.O.V. 

     As the others came through the portal, I took in the surroundings.

     The carvern we were in was dimly lit and damp. Water dripped off the stalagmaites and slid slowly down the stalagtites happily sitting on the floor at our feet. No sunlight seemed to show itself, however the room had a strange glow emanating from the middle. It was an orangy light, and it lit up the middle of the room, casting deep shadows across the chamber.

     Ryou had approached it and was hovering in what seemed to be the middle of the room, right over the glowingg fissure. Yep. This was definately unlike him. He glanced back at us and smiled. It looked eerie in the dim light.

     "Guys! I come down here all the time. Just come across the glass bridge over this pit of lava, and you should be fine until we get to Slifer!" He called over the room. That was when I noticed the clear bridge that shimmered in the heat. Then I fully recieved the message.

     "You are telling me that you are on a bridge over lava, and yet this doesn't phase you one bit?" I asked Ryou. He smiled.

     "Yami. Have you ever doubted me ever before? Why start now?" He said. He crossed the bridge and motioned for us to follow.

     I stepped onto the bridge next. Ryou nodded incouragingly, and I took another step. He smiled.

     "That's it! Keep going!" He said. I kept going. He changed his language to a melodic, beautiful one.

     "Arateshi no alaké por Yugi!" He said. I paused, and he frowned at me.

     "Why did you stop?" Ryou asked. I glared at him.

     "You said Yugi's name." He frowned deeper. Then he gasped.

     "Oh cheese! I must have slipped into Gyreonian! Whoops! I am so sorry!" He apologized. He bowed multiple times, and finally straightened up. "I said,, do it for Yugi!"

     Filled with determination, I dashed to the end of the glass bridge and stood on the firm, red ground.

     "There we go! That wasn't that hard, was it?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes. I looked back with a determined look on my face.

     "Why did you just jump through the portal? You threw caution to the wind! You never do that!" I asked. Ryou looked down, ashamed.

     "I-I have a job down here, helping Slifer. Most people, when they go by him, attack him. And the only way he survives is because I keep  healing him. I go once a day. That's how I knew about 'the place of the best'" He said. From behind me, there was a voice.

     "So THAT'S why you always had to go so suddenly everyday, and when you came back, I never got an explanation!" Came Bakura, his voice echoing in the small cavern.

     "You guys aren't going to judge me for helping Slifer?" Ryou said, his eyes filling up with happy tears.

     "Nah buddy! We're your friends, and we'll forgive ya!" Joey said. Ryou's eyes spilled, and tears of joy dripped down his face.

     "Thanks! Anyway, as there are monsters here guarding Slifer, we should probably get a move on..."he said, glancing around. Everyone suddenly leaped into action and crossed the gorge.

******************************

     Hey guys! I am back! Anyway, I am going to say this now, I do not own Yu-gi-oh! or any of the characters. Also, I do not own any of the songs or photos thst I put in these books. I merely own the storyline. Oh, and vote and comment.
~Puzzleshipping44

     Hey guys! It's me, the lovable British albino! Anyway, Jay asked me to tell you about a certain thing that has happened. Apparently, Yu-gi-oh! abridged has released a new episode, episode 71, the Break Up. The video is WILL be referenced. I repeat. The video WILL be referenced. Have a nice day, chaps!
~Ryou Bakura