"Ma'am you are in my parking space, I've been blowing my horn for over thirty minutes now," a white, short nurse with blue scrubs on. I mugged her as I started my car up. I wasn't in the mood for slapping a bitch so I decided to just walk away.

Pulling out of the crowded hospital lot, I drove up onto the busy streets of New Orleans. Everything on this side looked ran through. I love where I'm from I just wish that it was better. Every since I was younger I strived to move away from here. Katrina wiped us out and now we just living here, hanging on for life.

My phone lit up and that lame ass trap phone ringtone came on. I was in need of a serious upgrade. I reached in the cupholder and grabbed my phone. Before looking down at it I pulled into Dollar General's parking lot. Every since Gwen's death I've been extra careful in cars. I wasn't trying to die because of a phone call that could've waited.

"Hello," I said into the phone.

"Ayo can I speak to Remy," a deep voice boomed through the phone. I arched my eyebrows as I try and figure out who was on the other end of the line. The voice had sounded familiar but I was unable to put my finger on who it belonged to.

"Can I ask whose calling?" The voice smacked their lips. I chuckled to myself and found it funny at how unsaved numbers got mad at me for not knowing who they were. It ain't my fault that their number wasn't saved in my phone. I guess they ain't so important.

"Man this Nut, is you Remy or nahh?" I sighed annoyingly before speaking. I hated people that played games and right now whoever this was playing on my top .

"Nut from where? I don't recall ever meeting you." I said starting the car up. This call will be ending very soon so I went on ahead and got ready to get back on the road.

"Man you must got amnesia or some'um like that. I meet you a few weeks ago man. I was the pizza delivery nigga that you was trynna link up wit', 'member me na?" I folded my lips together as I allowed my mind to travel down memory lane. Even though I try and forget about that it still managed to pop up in my head.

"Oh yea! Hey wassup," I asked. I put the phone on speaker and sat it in the passenger's seat before pulling out of the parking lot and onto the street. I was kind of being careful, in my own way.

"Shit, cooling, that's about it but I ain't call you fa all'at. A nigga was trynna see if you still down wit' linking up." I furrowed my eyebrows at the phone but quickly straighten my face up. I was surprised at first but then I realized that I was a hoe a few weeks back.

"Link up where," I asked curiously already knowing the answer.

"My crib shawty. A nigga hea' all alone and I wouldn't mind having some company. Especially company that's willing to exercise they throat." I ignored his little slick comment.

"Whatever, but what do you have plan for me when I get there?"

"So that means you comin' right," he asked in a hopeful tone. I battled with my brain and my body, I wasn't able to have sex with him but I did need a few dollars so I could get a hotel. Not that Jamal made me feel unwelcomed, because he didn't, I just didn't want to depend on anyone. For the first time in a long time I'm free and I plan to stay that way. After I was a block away from Jamal's house I finally made my mind up.

"Send me the address and I'll be over later on tonight." I heard him chuckling cockily on the other end of the phone. I shook my head as I pulled up in front of Jamal's garage.

"Iight I gotcha sexy." After ending the call I grabbed my phone and prescription papers for medicine, then I walked to the garage door and opened it. The sun was shining and had dried up all the rain that was just out. I got out the car and examined it, once I made sure it was safely in the garage I walked into the house. When I got in the house the first thing I noticed was Jamal sitting on the sofa with a distressed look on his face. I walked closer to him and he shot his head up and looked at me.