Chapter 19 - Red Velvet And Hot Pockets

Start from the beginning

"Well, since we're already at the fruit section, let's just start here and slowly make our way to the back of the store."

"Alrighty," he said. "And while we're here, let's continue our game of twenty questions."

"Sure but before we do that, you didn't answer my question."

Hunter smiled, "none of us have asked a question yet though."

"I mean the question I asked while you were attempting to take out a cart."

"What question?"

"Do you know where all the caramel macchiatos on the block went?"

Hunter coughed a bit and adjusted his tie. "I don't know, maybe they... Had some health concerns about it and decided to remove them for health issues."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow. "I think... That you had something to do with it." Hunter stayed silent. "Look, just admit it, I won't be mad."

He looked at me, "you promise?"

"I promise."

Hunter gave me his pinky, "pinky swear?"

I sighed and crossed my pinky with his, "pinky swear." Before I could let go, Hunter captured my hand in his and gave it a small squeeze before bringing it up to his lips and kissing it. "What was that for?"

"Well, I just thought that just in case you decided to break up with me after I told you, at least my last memory of you would be those beautiful soft hands of yours."

"Just answer the damn question," I smiled.

"Alright, It was... Out of jealousy."

"You were jealous of a drink?" I asked.

"No, I was jealous of... The person who introduced the drink to you."

I had to stop myself from laughing. He was actually jealous of Jordan. "You were jealous because of a friend introducing me to a drink?"

"You went on a date with him as well, so I wouldn't consider him as a friend," Hunter said.

I couldn't hold it in anymore and I busted out laughing. Hunter gave me a weird look and waited for me to explain. "I can one 101 percent tell you that Jordan had zero feelings for me, his heart is with someone else."

"How can you be so sure?" He looked at me suspiciously. I was about to explain when I realised something.

Hunter didn't know that Jordan was gay. The only reason why I knew was because Gideon told me. Jordan hadn't come out yet.

"Oh trust me, I'm sure," I smiled. "There's someone out there who loves him with all their heart and even though he'll deny it, he feels the same way about that person." I didn't tell Hunter that Jordan was gay, because it wasn't my place. I believed that coming out was a very special thing, something that only the one who was coming out could do. I didn't know if Jordan would have ever told me but I wasn't mad that he didn't. After all, we all have our own secrets.

Everyone has a chapter that they don't read out loud.

"So you're not mad at me?" Hunter looked at me in relief.

"Well I will be if you don't bring them back by next Monday," I said crossing my arms. "There's just one thing I don't get.."

"What is that, cuddle bug?" he smirked.

"Please tell me you're not going to start calling me using nicknames," I said covering my face to hide a blush.

"Why not honey bunny?" Hunter grinned but it quickly vanished when I scowled at him. "Has anyone ever told you that you are completely and utterly terrifying when you're mad?"