indirects - part two

Start from the beginning

Your eyes widen as you watch hers stay completely calm. She has never been one to fold under pressure in tight situations unless she is really stressed. That's your first signal that she has moved on.

"Well," she carries off, turning to look down at her hands, "I feel like that's played a part in it. Even though we had a falling out, it's still nice to patch up something that significant. Even if it's just one step at a time."

He nods, while a wicked smirk plays at his lips.

"Now tell me Lauren, what was this 'falling out' you two had? Neither of you have ever elaborated."

She chuckles softly as you bite your lip hesitantly, waiting to see if she gives up the deadly response or if she plays it cool.

"Um... I'd like to tell you. I really would, but sometimes things happen between two people and it's best if it stays between just those two people."

You take a sigh of relief, grateful that she decided to keep it on the down low, but you know that the interviewer wont buy that line. He knows exactly what he is doing.

The interviewer laughs softly, clearly unsatisfied with the answer he received, but content nonetheless as he says, "Ah... I didn't think we were gonna get it out of you."

"Yeah," Lauren laughs, shifting in her seat lightly. Anyone with eyes could tell she was uncomfortable.

"However," he says, holding up a finger, looking frantically over to the crowd, "Y/N is in the building."

He stops as he crowd cheers softly, but you watch as Lauren's face falls in an instant. Almost as if she wasn't aware of this information. You begin to wonder if she even cares about it at all.

"If there is anything you want to say to her..." he trails off, motioning with his hand to the camera.

Lauren turns her head and looks around at the crowd, watching them with the most intense look she could give off. They were hungry for an answer and you could tell just by looking at them. You could also tell Lauren's face was beginning to turn pink near her cheeks, but you could not place just why they had done so.

"Well," she sighed nervously, her gaze falling to the floor where her feet were tangled together, "I don't really know what to say on the spot like this, but I'm just gonna go for it."

She purses her lips together, afraid to continue, but ready to say something out in the open. She has been at a standstill too long and it seems like nobody knows how she feels in the situation. Her actual feelings have been covered by the blanket of management. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she continues on with her words, "Its been awhile since we actually talked and that's neither of our faults. It's just... I miss you, okay?"

At this, the audience gasps loudly, turning their heads towards each other to see if they had just made this up. You do the same. You look around backstage at everyone around you and see they have come to a complete stop. No one is believing what they are hearing. Lauren is not even sure she is is hearing herself correctly.

"I really, really miss you. I miss my best friend who used to be there by my side constantly, being the big dork that she is. I know we never really decided to stop being friends. It just kinda happened with everything going on... but if you could, I'd like to talk to you sometime soon. I still care and I hope you do too."

Lauren wraps up her confession with a small smile as the rest of America stands flabbergasted with their mouths agape. You are no exception because you have not moved since she took the stage. Hell, you don't know if you will move again.

However, you do not get an option because the next thing you know, two hands are on your shoulders, alerting you that you are needed in your position on the stage. Now you have to sing a song you wrote during that dreadful time of depression and you are not sure you can do it after her confession. The song you had chosen was very angsty and basically pushed Lauren away further. After what just happened, you know you cannot do that.