indirects - part two

// The song I used is Ruin by Shawn Mendes and you should really go listen to it because it's an amazing song. //

• • •

Somehow, you ended up in the same building as Lauren Jauregui where there are about a hundred people staring at you with lurking eyes and close to a million more watching you from their tv screens. Each and everyone of them wants the answers to the questions that have been asked over and over again and you know that's why you are here. This show wants the right to be able to say they were the first to get the answers out of you, but you aren't so sure you can give them that.

Ever since you and Lauren bickered back and forth over Tumblr a few weeks ago, your names have been popping up all over the media again. Management immediately saw and opportunity to schedule an interview and they urged you to make an appearance, but you had no idea you would be forced to answer questions about that subject.

You tried to fight your way out of it because your normally strong willed heart was more fragile at the moment, but they were not having any of it. You begged and pleaded and only managed to persuade a little over half of your crew. Unwillingly, they decided on a compromise. If you would still appear on the show, they would allow you to sing a song instead. You agreed in defeat.

So here you stand in front of a tv screen positioned behind stage, watching as Lauren takes her seat on the small couch in front of the interviewer. She is smiling widely out at the crowd as they cheer in her presence. You can honestly say, for the first time in a long time, you feel yourself cracking under the pressure.

Looking at her and knowing she is just a few feet away is just too much to bare. Knowing that she is much happier without you is like ripping off a fresh bandaid. Even though it's only been a few months, she has changed. She has not changed much, but it is almost as if the whole situation has matured her. Her jawline is more defined, though not extremely chiseled. Her hair is shorter and almost reaches the tips of her shoulders, but it still matches her personality. Her body has its curves here and there and they complement her so well.

Overall, she is still the beautiful woman you fell in love with months ago and the sight of her still leaves your stomach in knots.

Her beautiful black waves are cascaded over her shoulders were she is wearing a strapless black dress. Her hair is pulled over her left shoulder, enabling you to barely see her tattoo peeking out on the back of her neck. Her sparkling green eyes are vibrant under all the studio light, resembling an almost blue color. Her skin is still a creamy pale color and it complements her dress so well that you find yourself almost drooling.

The thing you notice most is her intellect. Normally Lauren would not hesitate to give an elongated answer to a questions she is passionate about, but you have noticed she is lacking that today. The interviewer is giving her question after question that she would normally reply with paragraphs of knowledge to. She had not even let but a few sentences slip her lips. However, she still seems to be quite happy.

"So Lauren," the interviewer says, "tell us how you've been lately."

You watch as a broad smile crosses her face effortlessly and you wish you were the one to put it there. Once upon a time, you were.

"I've actually been really great," she nods, looking over to the well dressed man on the couch. "I think I've pushed past all that darkness and finally moved on into being happy for once."

"Well that's good to hear," he smiles, shifting in his seat slightly to face the stunning woman across from him. "Now does that have something to do with this hidden Tumblr interactions with Y/N or... what people assume to be you two's new way of communication?"