14. Release

Dominic's POV

"Baby--"

"Shut up Dominic."

"But you didn't even let me explain!"

"Explain what? That you slept with Monica? I don't need an explanation, I'm pretty sure I know how it went."

"But baby, my senses were on high alert and I knew something was wrong but--"

"You seriously slept with that trick," Reese mumbles as we pull up to our hotel, jumping out of the car before I have a chance to stop her.

I hurry after her, wincing as she opens the front door forcefully and stomps towards our room. I know I have no way of explaining what happens that makes it better, I can barely understand it myself. Why did I let it happen in the first place? I'm stronger than that.

"Listen Reese, it was early on in this immortal shit and I was weak, I don't know why--"

"So she slipped and fell onto that thing dangling between your legs, is that what you're telling me?"

"What--? No, but--"

"Then there is no excuse or further explanation that I care to listen to. If you value your life, and want to keep your manhood in its entirety, I suggest you leave me alone for a couple of days....or weeks...or months."

Against my better judgment I follow her to the room, ignoring the seething looks she throws back at me as I force my way into the bathroom with her. I can't leave her alone to think about what I've done, I can't afford to lose her.

"You obviously don't value your life," she mumbles, beginning to shed her clothes.

I'm temporarily mesmerized by her luscious curves that only got more pronounced once she had Eva. The little pouch she gained is an insecurity for her but a turn on for me along with the thickness of her thighs and the fullness of her breasts. I'm so caught up in her luscious body that I don't see her hand flying towards my face.

The slap echoes throughout the linoleum filled room and I turn to face her, shocked to find tears running down her face. I expected more wrath, not this. Her eyes show so much pain that my chest begins to hurt at the sight.

"Reese--"

"How could you?"

"I-I-"

"You almost raped me that night Dominic. And then you had the audacity to go and satisfy your urges by hooking up with the worst person possible."

"I didn't mean--"

"Just stop, no more."

"Reeses pieces, I need you to listen, just please listen."

"I can't," her voice cracks, her body shaking with sobs.

Oh God, what have I done? This isn't like Reese, this isn't like her at all. She's the rock, the ride or die, she's not the type to cry at the drop of a hat, she just get's angry.

"You've broken me Dominic, are you happy? I stuck with you through this immortality bullshit, I had your child, I came with you on this trip in hopes to get our life back to normal, I've become some twisted witch-like woman, and you've finally broken me. You placed the straw."

I frown, "Placed the straw?"

She nods, covering her naked body with her hands, "Placed the straw that broke the camel's back."

She turns away from me then, stepping into the shower and turning on the water.

I'm stunned, my body going cold as she seems to ignore my presence in the bathroom, scrubbing her body raw as I watch her through the warped glass.

She can't possibly mean that. She just can't. I find myself shedding my clothing, throwing all caution out of the window and stepping into the shower with her.

She turns to me and pushes at my chest, "Don't! You don't get to do this! You can't have sex with me and think that will fix everything! YOU JUST CAN'T!"

She's still crying, trying to get away from me as I gently tug at her arms, pulling her into my chest.

"Reeses Pieces, I just want to hold you," I murmur gently, clutching her tightly, "Just let me hold you."

Her sobs come in waves and in between the waves she beats at my chest yelling angrily. But I ignore it, just like I ignore the fact that we're both just standing naked and wet in a hotel shower together.

I just hold her. I hold onto her with all of my might.

//The Next Morning\\

Reese's POV

I wake up refreshed, feeling as if the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders. I needed to cry, needed to let go of all of the shit I had been holding in. Now maybe I can move on, come to terms with this immortal shit and make the best of it.

A movement at my side makes me turn, coming face to face with a wide awake and cautious looking Dominic. He rubs a hand over his face before looking into my eyes as if he's searching for something.

"Reese, baby--"

"Save it Dominic, I want to forget it ever happened."

"What do you mean?"

"Monica, the crying, the shower, all of that never happened. Alright?"

"It happened Reese and I'll never forgive myself for the pain I caused you."

"I want to let it go Dom, let's just move on."

He looks unsure and extremely apologetic but I can't bring myself to talk about my outburst. All I can remember is feeling extremely overwhelmed. I just know it's something I needed to get off my chest but once I talk about something I'm hurt or upset over I want that to be the end of it. Bringing it up again just reopens fresh wounds.

He sighs heavily, nodding slightly, "Your wish is my command."

I smirk, "After all you've put me through? Of course it is."

He chuckles, leaning in to press a kiss on my forehead, "I love you so much Reeses Peices."

I smile gently, "I love you too."

**

That reaction wasn't what you expected from Reese huh? Good.

Reese can't always be ruthless, she needed to show some emotion and all that had been building up from the very beginning. And, much like me, she wants to dead the issues once it's talked out.

Vote, Comment, Follow (: