8. Reunited

// One Month Later \\

Dominic's POV

I've been on a rampage ever since she left me, my mind barely able to concentrate on just how well my business is going. I could care less about the power and the money when I have no one to share it with.

"Damien is on the phone sir."

I wave away the newly acquired maid, picking up my office phone.

"What?"

"You've been in this funk for way too long Dominic, it's time you get out and live a little. The streets aren't the only thing in this world of ours."

"I don't want to live a little. I want Reese."

"It's time you accept that she's gone my brotha. Slide through some of my businesses, find you a girl who can work the pole."

"Go to hell Damien."

I hang up without giving him a chance to reply, cradling my head in my hands as I think back to the note she left me. A simple note that, even without explicitly stating it, let me know just how much I had messed up since this all started.

- Dominic

I love you more than I ever thought I could love someone. Even though you hurt me, I will never stop caring about you.

But I need time.

I'll always treasure the time I spent with you but I think it's best that we go our separate ways, for my sake and yours.

Love, Your Reeces Pieces -

I had sat there in my office staring at that piece of paper for hours, wondering if I was just in some twisted dream world. It didn't seem real at all, it didn't seem possible that I'd be without the one woman that understood me, the one woman that stuck with me through it all.

But day after day went by and I finally realized that she was serious about getting out of my life, getting out of this life. Now, here I am, alone and blood thirsty. In a month I've probably killed over thirty of my workers, mortal and immortal, for the smallest things. Whether they screwed up a drop or looked at me the wrong way I ended up tearing them apart in a fit of rage.

After reading her letter I quickly realized that I was such an asshole to Reese, especially about the sex, about everything, which I always knew deep down. With her gone I realize just how much I miss her presence, her laugh, her big smile, everything. I don't need her body, I crave her company, her companionship, her love, her smile.

Where the hell could she have gone?

In all reality, I could have found out her location within the same hour she left but, out of respect for her, I let her go. I knew she needed time and so that's exactly what I gave her.

But I can't take it any longer.

I eagerly make a few calls, my hands shaking violently as I anticipate getting a location. My last call produces the response I was waiting for.

"She's in Pasadena, working at a nightclub. She should be there tonight around eleven."

A nightclub? In Pasadena? I thank my informant, hang up, and begin gathering the things I'll need for tonight.

I set up a romantic scene, roses, candles, wine that's gone untouched for too long, slow music, I even put a romantic movie in the DVD player of the entertainment system, pressing pause on the title screen.

I double check that everything is perfect while sliding my gun into the waist of my slacks. I adjust my silk button up shirt, and head to the bathroom to do something about my face. The very definition of five o'clock shadow has grown on my face, I haven't bothered to shave in the month I've been alone. But I clean myself up in no time, admiring the clean shave I know Reese loves.