7. Contact

// 2 Hours Later \\

Reese's POV

I'm numb as I walk into the bar, the sunglasses on my face hiding my puffy eyes.

"You're late," the bartender mumbles, recognizing the red scarf with black roses that I'm wearing for identification.

"I had some complications this morning. Let's not waste anymore time, where is he?"

Yes, despite what Dominic did to me, I am still willing to help him as per Damien's suggestion. I love him and, as much as he hurt me, I really don't want him dead. I forced myself out of bed and slapped on some cover up for the offending bruises and marks. No one will know I'm hurting unless I want them to.

"Out back, cross through the alley, it's the red door."

I follow the bartender's instructions, waving away the puff of smoke that wafts towards my face when I open the indicated door.

The mist of smoke impairs my vision but before long I'm approached by the man in the picture Damien had sent me. The scar that trails down the center of his face seems even uglier in person.

"You Reese?"

His voice is gruff, probably from chain smoking cigarettes much like the one in his hand, his eyes glazed over as they roam over my body. His staring makes me feel dirty and I shiver slightly wondering, not for the first time, if this was a good idea.

"You Emmet?"

"Who else would I be? Hard to fake this ugly ass line down the middle of my face."

"Right," I murmur, "You have somewhere we can talk in private?"

He nods slightly and I follow him through the smoke to another door that hides an extravagant office. He sits down behind the desk in the center of the room, gesturing to the cushioned chair opposite of him.

I choose not to sit, getting straight to the point, "I'm here abour Dominic Nunes."

Emmet chuckles, propping his feet on top of the wooden surface of the desk he's seated at, "What about him? Despite the fact that he's sped up to the top of the food chain in a matter of days."

His anger with Dominic's position is obvious in the bitter tone of his voice and I clear my throat nervously before replying, "He's an asset. His business skills leave no room for error and he'll work with you as long as you cooperate."

"I don't do teamwork."

"He doesn't negotiate."

Emmet stares me down, my eyes locked onto his as I attempt to show no fear.

"Who are you to him?"

I pause before answering his question, "A sort of middle man. Let's just say that we go way back."

I watch the scarred man contemplate my statement, my eyes occasionally straying around the room to glance at the odd figurines placed everywhere.

"What are you willing to do for my cooperation?"

His voice is smooth, an obvious attempt to sound seductive.

"I am not that type of woman."

He smirks, his eyes roam over my body once again, a burning sensation deep in my stomach accompanies his gaze.

"If you are indeed a middle man for Dominic you should be willing to do anything."

I quickly begin to realize that this is not going to go anywhere, "It's obvious that this is pointless, I apologize for wasting your time."

I whisper a few choice words before leaving the room the same way I entered, avoiding the questioning looks from the bartender and exiting the bar.

My hands are shaking as I unlock the my Toyota, one of the many cars Dominic has bought for me, and I slide onto the cloth seats willing my heartbeat to slow down.

I felt like I was being used, almost like a prostitute, is this what Damien expects me to do?

The ringing of my phone interrupts my distraught thoughts and I scoff at the caller ID before answering.

"No."

"Reese what happened to all that ride or die business huh?"

It nearly ended when he almost raped me this morning. But that's not what I tell Damien. You never let an outsider know that your home is not a happy one.

"I didn't sign up to be some sort of prostitute. I don't think Dominic will like that whether it helps him or not."

"I can guarantee you he'll like the results."

"I'm not using my body as a bargaining chip."

"You don't have to have sex with him, just do a bit of messing around. Get him buttered up and make him feel better about answering to Dominic. Everyone has to do things they don't like to get to where they want to be Reese."

"Do you hear how stupid you sound right now?"

"Think about it Reese! Clothes don't have to be shed, you don't even have to kiss him. Just get him aroused and pliable, he'll be putty in your hands and you can mold his tiny little brain to agree with whatever you say about Dominic."

He hangs up without waiting for my reply and I throw my phone into the passengers seat angrily. I refuse to be used as some pawn in Damien's little game. Dominic has made his fair share of enemies since his decision to become immortal resulted in him taking over so much business in California. However, that doesn't mean that I should be walking behind him fixing broken connections and making friends by bargaining with my body.

I start the car and begin to drive away from the shady establishment. This immortal shit is not the life I signed up for when I got with Dominic.

There's only so much a girl can take.

I have to get away.

**

This is horribly short, I know. It's kind of necessary for the next chapter. Forgive me (/.\)

Thank you guys for the 1,000 reads!

Vote, Comment, Follow (: