5. Secrets

//Two Days Later\\

Dominic's POV

"Dominic, you have control over these people, you don't need to be out on the streets with them anymore!"

We've been arguing about this for almost an hour since I told her I needed to check in with my people. There's way I can just drop current clients and friends just because of this new development in my life. It took me years to build up these valuable connections and I won't just sever all ties to them.

"This is Michael and Lucas I'm taking about. They were down with me before all this shit, before I even got respect on the streets. They deserve an explanation for my disappearance for three days, especially since I don't know how much of their memory was altered."

"But Dominic--"

"No buts Reese, I'll see you in a few hours alright."

I kiss her on the forehead, put on some sunglasses to hide my eyes, and head out before she has a chance to protest some more. I hop in my Range and dial Lucas's number as I pull out of the driveway.

"Dominic, man where the hell have you been? Last time we spoke is when we were supposed to meet ol' dude who's been bugging us for months."

Clean slate, I need to learn about that memory altering shit, it could come in handy.

"Yeah man, I had some other business to handle. Ol' dude won't be calling anymore though, I handled him," I reply.

"Alone?"

"Alone."

"Whatever you say brotha."

I chuckle, "Meet me at Michael's place, I have a few new plans I want to share with y'all."

He says he'll meet me there and we hang up, my hand moving up to fix the rearview mirror. I stop in the middle of my adjusting as I notice a white car a few feet behind me, a Cadillac. It's creeping so I know it's following me.

I take a quick right and hit the highway, ducking and dodging into traffic as legally as possible. The next time I look up the Cadillac is gone.

Guess I'll be taking the long way to Michael's.

//30 Minutes Later\\

"What took you so damn long?"

"Had to hit the free way to loose a tail," I reply, slapping hands with Michael.

"Lucas is in the office making a phone call," he says as he leads the way.

My newly sensitive hearing picks up on the end of Lucas's conversation right before we enter the room.

"I told you that we didn't need someone on him, I'll handle it myself."

"What's the deal?"

I eye Lucas suspiciously as Michael and I enter the room.

"Man, stupid people doing stupid things as always, long time no see Dominic."

We dap up and I take a seat, something not sitting right with me, I'm not stupid. But I decided to set it straight after letting them know what's up, business is business.

"I recently came into some new areas we can do business in. I have a few things I want to set up."

The next hour or so is spent telling them the things I have set up in these new areas. Nightclubs, bars, a couple new warehouse locations. I've taken advantage of my recently acquired power and set a lot in motion. I plan to be set for life.