3. Immortality

//Two Days Later, Friday: 12 PM\\

Lee's POV

I don't think we've been introduced, the name is Lee," I hold out my hand but the girl, Reese I think, just rolls her eyes, turning back to Dominic who looks like he's ready to jump out of the window of the car.

He has a right to be nervous, he doesn't know exactly what he's walking into. It's funny how Damien has everyone convinced that he's the one that wanted the youngin'. He hasn't thought about this boy since his dad died yet he jumped on the opportunity as soon as I suggested it.

At twenty-two Dominic Nunes is a down-right necessity on our side. With the trouble coming our way he'll be an asset to us. His control of almost all of California is the perfect way to see what type of power he could exert, exactly how much influence he'll have and if he can handle the responsibility. To see if he can handle even bigger and better business in the near future.

Immortality is no joke.

Becoming immortal is like dying, excruciating pain inflicted to change the composure of his entire blood stream. I'm sure there should be an easier way but tradition overrules modernization.

"We're here," I mumble suddenly, catching everyone's attention. Sure enough we stop a few seconds after my statement and I smile, trying to seem encouraging as we all slide out of the limo.

Only the best for this occasion. Even formal attire, despite the fact that it's pointless for Dominic. We walk through the front yard of Wanda Dalton, one of the oldest of our kind. The first girlfriend of an OG to be turned. There are only nine others.

"Glad to have you home baby," I smile fondly as she kisses my cheek, her red lipstick vibrant as ever when we part.

"This the one?"

She gestures Dominic's way and I nod, watching in amusement as she looks him over, "That's him. Dominic, Reese, this is Wanda."

"Strong, powerful. Great potential."

"I feel like he's a cow being led to slaughter," Reese mumbles.

Wanda chuckles, "Oh sweetie, if that was the case he would already be dead. Now follow me."

Reese pales at her statement but, nonetheless, follows her into the house with the rest of us. I catch both newcomers gaping at the widening twists and turns of Wanda's house, absolutely fascinated when she opens a door in the kitchen which leads to a room that could be a house for a small family.

The only furniture in the room is a concrete slab in the center and a desk full of old books and mysterious looking liquids. The walls are adorned with paintings and symbols that scare me occasionally. Call me a wimp but I rarely came in here, too much power emanates from every corner of the room.

Only ten people are ordained to turn humans into immortals, all of them girlfriends of an OG. They tend to be gentle and a pretty distraction through the pain. Sure wish they would have been available when Damien almost ripped my heart out.

"Alright, shirt off and lay down on the slab," Wanda's voice leaves no room for arguing.

Dominic sheds the shirt and lies down on the slab, his breathing slightly elevated.

"You, hold his hand."

Wanda points at Reese who looks a bit alarmed but does as she says, standing beside Dominic and grasping his hand firmly.

"This is going to hurt like hell. I won't dare sugarcoat it because then you'll be pissed at me and I'm not having that. I won't tell you what to expect but I will ask your girl here to close her eyes."

Reese stiffens, "No way in hell."

Wanda smirks slightly, "Suit yourself."

I commend the brotha for holding out on his scream until her nails really sunk deep. All of the women responsible for this transformation process grow their nails out to an impossible length at will, allowing them to reach almost six inches just for this purpose. Wanda and I's sex life is quite interesting due to that fact if you can imagine.

Reese looks like she's about to pass out but her eyes are transfixed on the fingers deep in Dominic's chest, right at his heart as a matter of fact. A single tear runs down her face but she doesn't scream.

Good for her.

Reese's POV

I tried to talk him out of this once again when morning came but he wasn't hearing it. His mind was made up.

I'm so nauseous I could fall to the floor but as I hear Dominic's screams I refuse to crumble. I do allow a single tear to escape as Wanda twists her hand, her eyes closed in concentration.

For a few minutes it's like we're frozen in time, electricity crackling in the air. I look down at Dominic's now lifeless body and nearly break down at the sight of the blood running out of his chest.

Wanda removes her fingers from his chest swiftly and without warning, quickly slicing the offending hand with her other set of nails. A thick stream of blood runs out of the cut and down into the five perfect puncture wounds on Dominic's chest.

They seem to glow as her blood runs into his body, his eyes still closed as he continues to remain lifeless.

"And now we wait," Wanda mumbles, her eyes darting between the wounds and his face before walking to the desk to wipe her hand on a cloth.

Silence follows her statement, twenty minutes of excruciating silence. I never let go of his hand, just stand beside him, waiting.

Then his eyes finally open.

His purple eyes.

**

I'm sorry that this is so short but I wanted to start off the next chapter with Dominic's new emotions and traits as an immortal and the details of his control of 90% of LA's street business.

What do you think about this chapter though? Cliche? Good? Feedback is appreciated!

Vote, Comment, Follow (: