• Chapter 8 • The plan

"Elizabeth" I ask slowly. She hates my guts. She wants to be with her girl friend and I knew ever since our first test of school when we meet she wouldn't be one of the girls swooning over me.

"What" she glares searching through a wedding dress photo alb.

"You know if we're going to spend the next thousands or years together we should try and get along" I say looking at the flowers. There all black or red traditional roses that are all the same.

"Whatever" she mumbles and we go back to a few awkward moments of science.

"What about blue flowers?" I say slamming the book of roses. Not a single blue flower in there.

"Those won't last a day in the under realms." She says bitterly as she tosses the dress album across the room. Her friend the crow sits in the window watching us.

"Well our wedding will only be a few hours." I say quitly. She's intimidating. She was always quite at school and we never talked.

"Well it will last in the royalty line forever" she says picking up another album in the stack she's looking through.

We sit in silence for a bit longer and she sighs and throws that album of dresses across the room.

"I want a white wedding dress not a black one" she says angrily picking up the next albem On the table.

"We can get one made?" I suggests and she glares at me.

"No. You know why?" She asks an I look at her like she's crazy.

"Why?..." I ask and she glares at me.

"We're running away you idiot. You, me add Magen." She says. Magen is Elizabeth's girlfriend I assume. There's a few seconds of science.

"Okay" I say looking up at her. "Let's run away." As soon as the words left my mouth the crow cawed.

"Take me with you" it said turning its head to me.

"No." I say glaring at it.

Elizabeth looks at it softer.

"Of corse you can come. If you tell anyone we will kill out though" she warns glaring at me.

"I have a plan" I say pointing at it. It suddenly can't speak.

"Hey!" Eleziabeh says. "Give him his voice back." She goes over to it and the crow jumps into her arms clearly scared.

"If he comes then he can't speak. He'll tell everyone." I say faltering at it.

"I hate you." She says petting the crow. "Will you ever give it's voice back?" She asks sadder.

"I guess. It needs to prove it's trusty" I shrug. I know I'm being mean. It's what vampires do. We aren't meant to care for other people.

She glares at me.

All night we talk and come up with a plan.