Chapter Fourteen: Hurt

“Sabella, can we talk?” Harry’s question and voice pulled Sabella out of her own mind.

“Of course, Harry. Sit.” Sabella answered with a soft smile as she took in how Harry looked.

            It pained her to see him like this. The pain was made worse since she knew she was causing it. She watched as she took the chair right next to her and turned his gaze to her.

“I’m hurting, ma cherie.” Harry whispered with tortured eyes.

“I’m so sorry, mon cher.” Sabella replied, stroking his cheek.

“Can you make it stop?” Harry whimpered, his eyes glazing over with tears.

“Harry, place your head into my lap.” Sabella commanded, dropping her hand from his face.

            Harry leaned forward and rested his head on Sabella’s lap, closing his eyes. Soon he felt her fingers running through his hair and felt his body begin to relax. He sighed softly and continued to just let her play with his hair. She was soothing him and this was what he needed.

“You know you’re my safe choice, Harry. You’ll always have my love, my care, and a part of my thoughts. I just can’t let go of Niall.” Sabella said quietly, lightly scraping her nails along his scalp.

“I know, Sabella. I’ll always love you, forever. You’re not in my heart but rather you are my heart.” Harry uttered softly.

            Sabella did not respond but continued playing with Harry’s hair and looking down at him. She could see he was relaxed now, not as tense as he was when he first entered the room. This situation could not be any less ideal if someone had planned it. Love was not supposed to be this complicated and painful but hers was.

            Niall and Zayn entered Harry’s office to witness Harry with his head in Sabella’s lap. Zayn smiled at the tender moment knowing how much Harry had suffered last night. It warmed and tore at his heart to see just how much Sabella loved him, their love was complicated. Looking to Niall caused Zayn to reach for him.

            Niall saw how intimate Sabella and Harry were and it caused him to tense. She was his but yet she still felt the need to comfort Harry. Feeling Zayn’s hand on his arm Niall turned to look at him. Zayn shook his head at Niall. Niall sighed and knew Zayn was right. Sabella couldn’t help that she cared for Harry.

“Luke, Louis, Michael, Zayn, Liam, and Ashton are all here. We need to start going over the plan.” Niall said, breaking Sabella and Harry from their moment.

            Sabella looked up and nodded as she stroked Harry’s head one last time and kissed his hair. Harry sucked in a breath before sitting up in his chair, leaving the comfort of Sabella’s touch. He was mildly shocked to see that Niall wasn’t fuming or having a fit but just looked calm. The calm must have been something Zayn said or did since Niall was a territorial creature.

“We’ll meet you in there. I’ll help Sabella gather the plans.” Harry replied, standing and reaching for the papers strewn across the desk.

“That sounds fine, mate. Lovely to see you, as always, Bell.” Zayn responded, tugging Niall out of the room.

“She loves him more than I thought.” Niall murmured.

“She chose you, Niall. You have to understand she’s compassionate and doesn’t want Harry to hurt. You have to understand her nature and love her for all that she is.” Zayn replied as they entered the living room.   

“These are all of the papers we need. Thank you for gathering them all, Haz.” Sabella thanked as she and Harry made their way to the living room.