I'm Like A Heat Wave

Start from the beginning

I smiled at him and we had a friendly dinner together. It was strange, because he was always a gentleman around me.

We watched some movies and fell asleep on each other for a while, but soon after we woke up to go to bed.

He allowed me to take the guest room, the one Toby would stay at when he'd visit. It was a nice night, but when I woke up I knew I had to go to school.

I got ready and walked out to see Andy was already dressed for work. He looked classy, a suit and a tie, and a Rolex to top it all off. I stared at him and suddenly felt lucky he treated me so differently from other people. He caught me looking and smiled, walking over to me. Slowly.

"You look nice." He told me, brushing off my hair from my shoulder.

"You look better." I blurted.

He laughed and shook his head, "No, I just look different." Andy leaned in to give me a soft kiss, one where we said goodbye, because we knew it'd be a while until we'd see each other next.

"Thanks again, Andy." I waved and he waved back kindly.

Then began my day at school.

...

It was a good day, but I knew what was coming after my last class and dreaded it so much.

When it came... It was painful. "I know your secret." Toby said, brushing past me.

"What?" I turned to face him and everyone was already watching us curiously.

"I know you spent the night at my brother's apartment last night."

Gasps erupted throughout Mr. Grant's room and they all looked at me with shock. The girls, with jealousy and with a look saying they idolized me.

"I don't-"

"I went over there, Diana, I caught you two cuddling."

I felt my face heat up and I just said nothing because I didn't want to push things further. "By the way," Toby added, "Can you not tell Andy I came by? I went over this morning to talk to him but all I saw was you two kissing. Anyway, he doesn't like me going over there uninvited."

"You're not denying it?" A girl Amanda said.

I could only shrug hopelessly and plopped onto my seat. "Did you sleep with him again?" Someone asked.

I groaned loudly. "No, I didn't and I'm done answering your stupid questions."

"Wow I didn't know you could be so sassy."

I was done with them all at that point and just wanted to go home. I was tired of being the sudden topic in that godforsaken calculus class room.

Every question that came by, I shot down immediately and finally came class with the most irritable man I knew. "Stop talking." He often snapped when someone whispered to someone else about how confused they were.

I could only watch as he turned his back to right on a Smartboard and stare. When I didn't focus on his stern and tense voice or facial expression I saw a sexy man. He was a toned man and I took the small and secretive time to appreciate his appearance instead of his attitude. His stupid attitude.

When he turned around he caught me staring; I didn't feel embarrassed when he shot me glare, instead I diverted my eyes to his confusing mess of numbers and lines and felt frustrated at how I had no idea what it was about.

He went on with his stupid and annoyed tone and threw class work on our desks for us to fail. It was a packet that took until the end of class to even try to finish the first page. I stayed behind for tutoring and stayed in my desk, trying to understand something about his teaching.