Chapter 22 ~ Give Thy Heart

"Love comes unseen, we only see it go"
-Henry Austin Dobson

-------

Third POV

The ground glistened by the thin layers of snow that had finally fallen in the winter's night. The wind carried the chilly air that seemed to creep along every inch of the body. The streets were fairly busy, it was nearing Christmas after all. So December had finally arrived, sparkling with a Christmas spirit that seemed to have effect on the towns inhabitants.

Except for a certain trio of youths.

The pinkette who had since long tried to give up on her friendship with people, still cried every now and then, afraid to let go. It had been almost three weeks since she had last talked to her friends, her mind telling her to attempt to cut them off right there and then.

But it had been futile. She still had the strong feelings that kept her from saying goodbye to the people dear to her, subconsciously afraid to be alone. She fought her tears day in and day out, keeping her composure strong for the sake of her family.

Sakura sat on the ice-coated bench by the bus stop, waiting to get to school. Normally, she would be busy gossiping to her two dearest friends who would just look at her in amusement, listening to whatever she had to talk about without butting in. She missed the aura that surrounded them when she would go on about something and just watch them hear her in the distance, watching each other with their eyes emitting love even by just a glance.

She really missed it. Her eyes gave it away when a tear splashed down on her phone, blurring the screen that lit up. She felt obligated to admit it to herself that, she could not live on knowing that the two she cared about the most, had lost each other. She gripped her coat at the place where her heart was located. It hurt. It hurt so much. Ever since that day, she had been seeing the pain that emitted from the raven in school, and he had been disappearing between every class. Sakura no longer knew how he was doing, how much he hurt or how much he thought about what happened anymore. Sasuke had always kept a certain distance between himself and people. That was until he realized his true feelings about Naruto. After that he started to open up, not only to Naruto but to everyone he knew well enough.

But now they were back on square one. He ignored his feelings, ignored his surroundings and isolated himself, as though he deserved nothing else but emptiness. Sakura had yet to talk to Naruto, but she needed no more to realize that he too suffered, more than she had the right to do.

Looking up, she noticed the bus standing in front of the waiting booth, the driver gesturing her to get on. She glanced up at where it was heading.

"Shikigawa street.."

She mumbled the street out loud, noticing that it was certainly not the way to her school, but the way to the hospital. Without thinking, she stepped on the bus, subconsciously wondering why she did this. She didn't want to see him right now. She couldn't take his suffering and misery right now, not when she knew she could nothing do. Still, her heart told her to try, try to the point where she might even break.

Everything for her friends.

~

Naruto stood in front of the window, looking out at the snow-coated branches that were of the trees. The cold outside made it's traces inside as well, as even the small window frame was as cold as ever. The blonde shivered, noticing that he was colder than he used to be. But he had sworn that he wouldn't long for warmth. Deep inside he knew what he got it from those times, and he had sworn that he was going to move on. It had been tough, and it was going to be a rollercoaster of hardships. To think all of that would be just for a person. How much did he actually love that man?