Chapter 18 ~ Good-bye Forever

" Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you'. Mature love says: 'I need you because I love you' "

-Erich Fromm

-------------------------------

Third POV

It felt like he was counting his own tears. His tears was his time. His tears was his wishes. One wish for every tear. How many has it been? He couldn't keep the counting anymore. Every night, it felt like he stayed awake, to sync his own tears with shooting stars. Nothing would ever be the same again. He would be lonely for the rest of his life. It wasn't like he would have any problems with finding another partner, but he didn't feel like it was worth it when he had lost his soulmate. Naruto meant everything to him. Naruto was the one he had dedicated his heart and soul to. It wasn't for nothing, right?

The door opened. It was his usual Nurse that came to check up on him. She was a good person. When he cried every night, she would always talk to him in a smooth manner as she checked his rates. She would calm him down when he panicked and broke down. And that happened more often the more days that passed. Soon a whole week had passed since his beloved blonde angel had vanished without a trace. He couldn't help but feel that it was all his own fault. Even though Sakura had tried to talk sense into him, he still couldn't pretend like it was all his lover's fault. Sakura had tried to explain to him that it was only a guilty feeling that he had, but he knew that he had done something.

"Well, not that it eases your pain, but one good thing is that your rates are getting better and better. Maybe you'll be able to get out of here before Christmas"

The Nurse smiled slightly towards the Raven. His eyes were red and dull and hurted. He had been crying for Hours, and that over and over again. It wasn't like him to behave like that. He was indeed out of character. He used to be calm and collected, but the one who made him like that was gone now. The one he could feel comfortable with was gone, forever. He didn't have a reason to play calm, pretending that nothing would make him break down. He did have a reason to let his feelings run freely.

"I don't care if I ever get out of here."

The Raven's voice was weak and silent. He rubbed his eyes, but it only hurted. He had been crying too much. The Nurse sighed quietly, sympathetically as she softly adjusted his covers by the foot of the bed. She felt sorry for him. It wasn't like she could relate to his problem, but she felt empathy. He wasn't the first patient that she had been taking care of that suffered, but somehow, she felt a stronger kind of sympathy towards the Raven. Maybe because she could see, much he actually loved him.

"I'm really sorry that I can't do anything for you. If there was anything I could do, I would've already done it by now. All we both can do, or three as we count your friend, is to hope that everything will take a turn for the good. If we hope, then the chance will be bigger"

The kind Nurse smiled towards Sasuke, a sign that she was on his side of hoping. After turning of the lights, she walked out and closed the door. Sasuke was once again alone in the dark, and tears threatened to flow down his face again. But the stinging pain from his dry eyes stopped the tears from running down. But she was right. If they all hoped for the best, the chance would be bigger that something good would happen. But, something good started it all, and something bad ended it all. Maybe it would just start over. If Naruto showed up, something bad would only cover up that. Somehow, he wanted time to stop.

-

"Morning' Sasuke! I skipped school this morning to come here so you better have something to do the rest of the day! My parents will be pissed if I go home before school's even ended!"