Chapter 7 ~ One Downfall After The Other

Some people come in your life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.

-Mother Teresa

_____________________________________

'What in the living hell have I done?...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto POV

I hid my face in my hands, crying, all over again. I shouldn't cry anymore. I should be happy that I don't have to endure daily beatings anymore. I should be happy for getting a chance to live like a normal kid. But I'm not happy, not at all. I'm totally broken, torn apart and ready to die. I've lost my only dad, and that for nothing. I always thought he hated me... but it was the opposite. He loved me like any parent would love their child. Why am I so dense?

"Are you okay?" I looked up at Sasuke, who held a worried expression. I didn't know what to say. I shouldn't lie. I shook my head slightly and looked down on the floor. "How am I supposed to be okay? I've lost everything.." As tears still ran down my cheeks, I was engulfed in a tight hug by Sasuke. "You haven't lost everything. I'm still here" he said. And he was right. He was still by my side, like he promised. I hugged him back, tightly, letting my final tears come. "How the hell am I supposed to go to school tomorrow? Sakura and the others will ask about it all day" I said while tightening the hug. "You'll handle it. If someone asks, just ignore them, and if they don't leave you alone, I'm going to be trouble for them" Sasuke said, in a playful tone. I smiled, but if those guys knew what happened, I would be as good as dead.

~Next Day~

Both me and Sasuke stood outside the schoolgate, while I gathered all the courage I could to go in and pretend like nothing. I took a few deep breaths and was ready to step into the schoolyard when both me and Sasuke heard a happy girly voice. "Naruto! Sasuke!" We both looked in the direction where we saw Sakura running up to us. "Hey, Sakura" I said when she stopped running. "So? How did it go yesterday-" "Sakura, don't talk about it" Sasuke interrupted Sakura in the middle of her sentence, and she quickly shut her mouth. She glanced at me with curious, but sad eyes, as if she knew that it didn't go well at all. But who wouldn't figure that out?

Sasuke POV

Luckily Sakura would keep quiet about it, but just because she will doesn't mean everyone else will. Alot of people don't like Naruto, for some reason, and especially three specific people. If they know anything about yesterday, some damn good guardian has to be on Naruto's side.

We all had the same classes until lunch, which was good. We could talk and laugh during classes, and keep Naruto from thinking about yesterday. No matter what, he can't think about the trial, if he does, he's just going to fall into a deep depression that might close him of from others. I don't want to lose him, anything else, but not him.

"Can we sit out this time again? It's so many people in the cafeteria" Sakura interrupted my thoughts. Both me and Naruto nodded and made our ways, along with Sakura, out to the backyard of the schoolyard. We sat down under a Cherry Blossom tree. We all like to sit there for some reason. It was quiet and peacuful, the sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky and the warmth was comfortable. You couldn't even imagine that something was going to happen today, at least not me.