Chapter 17 ~ Gone N' Forgotten

"It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say Hello. Hello to a new adventure"

-Ernie Harwell

---------------------------------------

A/N: Please read this chapter while listening to the music in the media :)

---------------------------------------

Third POV

Sakura walked along the streets of Konoha. Her head hung low, and people glanced curiously at her. You could almost see the dark aura around her, the dark aura that was caused by her fear and pain. Somehow she wanted to visit Sasuke at the hospital, somehow she didn't. She was almost to scared to. He would without doubt wonder where the hell his boyfriend was and why he hadn't visited him in three days. Sakura couldn't answer his questions. Not even she knew where her best friend were. All she knew was that he had left them, but she never would've thought that he would be gone this long.

Even so, she found herself outside the hospital. There was still something that made her appear here almost everyday. Was it their bond, that was beginning to crumble apart? Maybe it was yearning to getting stronger once again? Friendships are supposed to become more firm through ups and downs, but it seems like this whole incident made their friendship crumble apart more as the days goes by.

"I'm visiting Uchiha Sasuke"

As the pinkette realized her surroundings once again, she found herself by the reception, asking for permission to go and see her friend. The receptionist scanned her features, and seemed to be in thought for a moment.

"Uchiha-san is sitting in the cafeteria waiting for someone. Could you be that person?"

Sakura knew that she wasn't the one he waited for at all. She shook her head slightly and sighed. She didn't want to, but she had no other choice than to make it clear for her friend.

"No, I'm not the one, but I would like to talk to him. It's important." Her voice was tremblig slightly, showing that she was desperatly trying to hold back her tears. The receptionist nodded faintly as Sakura quickly turned around and made her way to the hospital cafeteria. Her voice was weak as she excused herself among other patients and people who stood in the large hallway. It didn't make it better that people looked at her with a wierd, yet confused expression.

The Raven sat by an empty tabel in the very crowded cafeteria, waiting. Since that day, he had been sitting here day in and day out waiting, only walking away when he needed to use the bathroom or go to his room for the night. He didn't know if it was because of a feeling that he would actually come back, or just his desperate wishful thinking and ever-lasting hope.

A glint of hope was seen in his eyes when he noticed a shadow stretching itself over the white table, but the same dissappointment that was there all the time slapped him right in the face when he noticed that it was Sakura. It wasn't like he didn't want her there, it was just that he wanted another person to be there in her place, a specific person.

"Sorry, it's just me"

Sakura's voice was filled with empathy and sympathy as she sat down in the chair infront of her friend. She saw the dissappointment in his eyes, even though he didn't mean to show it that clearly. But she didn't mind it, she knew that she wasn't the person he wanted to see the most right now. She was his friend, but it didn't matter how much of a friend she was, she couldn't do anything else than to keep him company as he waited for someone else.

"I see that your skin has regained it's colour. That means you're getting better, right?" Sakura smiled half-hearted as she spoke, trying to lift the mood while waiting, and waiting.