Chapter 19 ~ A Certain Forgivness

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that"

-Martin Luther King Jr.

------------------

Third POV

Time stopped. That was the feeling the Raven and pinkette got after the devastating news. How would they know that their friend would go so far as to throw himself in front of a car? He was indeed broken apart, after everything that had occured in his life. Although they didn't know, that it was growing so horrid. Even they felt helpless, not being able to do anything for their friend. They were never able to. Sasuke sat on his bed in the familiar hospitalroom that felt like a prison to him. Why did he always think that he was able to heal the psychological pain his boyfriend always had suffered? Why did he think that as long he was with his blonde angel, the world revolved around the two?

He couldn't help but shed a tear or two. He had been so selfish. Wasn't he the reason it had come to this? His big mouth, saying all sorts of bad things to hurt others. He felt like a bad person. He thought he didn't even have the right to see his angel, his living light anymore. Naruto wouldn't even forgive him, if he so much as begged for it on his bare knees. He had hurt him, he had made him hurt himself. Naruto was probably on the verge of death right now. He didn't know, no one had told him anything. What would he do if Naruto actually died? He wouldn't be able to live on, or so he thought. Naruto had always meant the world to him, even through times when they fought. He never meant to hurt him, yet it ended up like this.

A knock on the door once again interrupted his thoughts, his tears. The female doctor who took care of him earlier, stepped into the room. Her face was empty, emotionless. Sasuke's heart skipped a beat by the thoughts that ran through his head. Death, paralysis, brain death. What would be the worst thing? Not being able to touch him, or not being able to talk to him? Either way it would be like he's not there, that he's not by his side anymore.

"He's in the OR right now, Uchiha-san. He was lucky. He isn't suffering any fatal injuries or internal bleedings. His right leg is broken, and his lungs are having a hard time working like they should, but other than that there is nothing to worry about."

The Raven let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. The kind doctor saw his despair, his sorrow only judging by his face. She took a step closer, once again catching his attention. He looked up at her with teary eyes. He felt so weak for crying, but he couldn't help it. He was out of character, but he didn't care. He didn't care about anything anymore, he didn't have a reason to. He was sure, that he wouldn't even give a crap about his family if Naruto were to die. Naruto was more precious than his family, more precious than his own blood-related bonds.

"How is Uzumaki-san related to you, if I may ask? Is he possibly your boyfriend?"

The woman's voice was weak and gentle. Sasuke only nodded, and kept quiet for the time being. He didn't trust his own voice, and he would surely break down if he started talking about his angel. He was scared. He was scared of loosing him. He was scared about the fact that everything could take a bad turn, more than it had already done. He even tried suppressing his own thoughts, to prevent himself from going insane by all this.

"He's a strong person, Uchiha-san. I'm sure you know that. As a doctor here, I know about the things you and Uzumaki-san went through. I am impressed that you're both still alive. He's strong-willed young man, and he's alive right now. That's all that matters, right?"

The kind woman sat down in the chair next to the bed. Her voice was tender and calming, soothing Sasuke's nerves, making his breath slow down. She was, in fact, telling the truth. He knew deep down that Naruto was a strong person, and that he would always get trough a tough situation. With the events of his life, he would have no problems with getting well once again. Sasuke had his hopes up, he knew that everything would be okay someday. All he had to do was to wait, to wait for Naruto to get well, and wait for Naruto to grow mature enough to...