Chapter 14 ~ Nothingness & Emptyness

"The day we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity"

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto's POV

Sadness, fear, horror, sorrow, grief... That's everything that I can feel now. That sentence is haunting me every night, every day. The feeling of feeling lonely, abandoned. It's killing me. Our so called 'God' is taking Sasuke away from me, away from our world. Everything feels so empty, so... I don't even know what to call it. It's just an empty space of nothingness, so to say. The only one I ever lived for is being taken away from me and I can't do anything about it. All I can do is pray that he's strong enough to back away from the light everyone says exists. Maybe for him it does, but he's my living light. I just can't step away from it.

"Is there nothing I can do for him? Like anything" I had offered everything I could think of, but the doctors wouldn't let me donate anything. 

"First of all, your blood type doesn't match his. In your journal it says that your blood type is B. Uchiha-san's blood type is AB, the difference is big. Second of all, his bleeding are fatal, as far as we know there is nothing but his willpower that can save him!"

My heart dropped. 'As far as we know there is nothing but his willpower that can save him'... It's sickening, that sentence. But they're right, I can only depend on his willpower for now, just like him. If he's not willing to live on, there is nothing that can stop him from going over to the other side. Nothing.

-

All day, I would sit next to him, holding his hand. Nothing changed today. Today was just the same. Me sitting next to him, talking to him even if I didn't recieve an answer. I cried once in a while, and all I could comfort myself with was his presence. No arms could comfort me, no soothing words could calm my nerves either. It was just silent. I visited at least one time everyday, sometimes I could go home several time during that day and come back after 30 minutes everytime. I wanted to be there when he woke up, if he woke up. Fugaku, along with Mikoto and Itachi vistsed every now and then. Amusingly, I was always there when they showed up. 

"Naruto, please go home and get some rest. You have been here non-stop the last two weeks, you need to rest. He's fine for now and he's under surveillance 24/7 by nurses so there is nothing to worry about" I snapped into reality when Mikoto grabbed me by my shoulders and lectured me, or that's what I think she intended to do. But even so she was completly right. To top it all of, I was drained and tired as hell. Bags under my eyes were as visible as ever. 

"But what if he wakes up? I want to be here if he does!" Unconsciously I raised my voice. The last person I wanted to raise my voice at was Mikoto, or anyone in Sasuke's family that is. This wasn't their fault, yet I became angry at them. It was my own fault and I knew that very well deep down. Maybe it was because of the overwhelming stress over the incident? It must be, because I would never raise my voice as Sasuke's parents and certainly not without any reason. 

"Go home, Naruto. This place makes you feel sick and sad. It's not good for you so please go home and rest. We will contact you as soon as something happens" Fugaku stepped in for his wife, trying to lecture me a second time. I knew I shouldn't argue against them, especially not when they're completly right. All I could do was to surrender and just go home, which I did.

Once back home, I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. I broke down. I didn't want to break down alone, I knew I couldn't handle all this pain alone. But I couldn't pretend anymore. I couldn't continue to pretend like I could live with this. The guilt was overwhelming. I had a strong feeling that Sasuke wasn't going to wake up, even if the doctors says that it's nothing overly dangerous at the moment. They're wrong. I didn't want to, but deep down I almost knew he was going to die.