Chapter 5 ~ The Day Before The Trial

'Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know'

-Pema Chodron

~~~~~~~~

A//N: This chapter will contain YAOI. I will put this (*) when the scene is over if you don't want to read that sort of stuff.

________________________________

Naruto POV

The day before the trial... and I'm nervous as hell. I had some serious trouble concentrating in school today, and everyone but Sasuke and Sakura wondered why, though I didn't answer them. They never cared about me before, so who gives them the right to know about my life now? I paced back and forth in Sasuke's room, hearing his typicall 'Calm down' every second, but I couldn't calm down right now. What if everything went wrong tomorrow? What if we didn't have enough evidence, so he would go free? What if he actually did go to prison, but Sasuke's family wouldn't be able to adopt me so I would have no choice but to be adopted by some strangers? Why the hell am I 16, and not 18? Then I wouldn't have to worry.

"Naruto, pull yourself together!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Sasuke, who stood infront of me, looking scared, but angry at the same time. "I can't calm down! What should we do if everything goes wrong, Sasuke!?" I didn't care if I yelled at him. I wasn't angry at him, I was just so scared of the things that could happen tomorrow. "Everything can go so wrong! My life might even get worse after the trial than it was before I moved in with your family! I-" I started hyperventilating. I grabbed my chest as my breaths got shorter, and my pulse got higher. I fell to my knees, gasping for air. "Naruto!" Sasuke kneeled down infront of me and looked scared as hell.

"Naruto, calm down! You're scaring me!" I could hear Sasuke, but I couldn't do as he told me to. My breaths got shorter by every second, and soon I felt strong arms around me, the same arms that has comforted me the last 2 weeks. "Please Naruto! Calm down! I'm here, okay? I'll always be" Sasuke grip got stronger for every word he said, and somehow it made me calm down. I relaxed in Sasuke's arms, and let some tears run down my cheeks. Sasuke never let go of me. He knew that I needed someone to be there for me now, and he was willing to be that one person. "Sasuke?" I asked with a weak voice. "Why is it that you care about me so much?" He sighed and tightened his grip even more. "Because I love you".

Sasuke POV

"Because I love you" I had made up my mind. I was going to confess once and for all. His breath stopped for a moment, but quickly got back to normal. Soon he started to pull away from my grip, making me think that he's going to punch me and leave, and never come back. He looked me in the eyes, shocked. "Can you say that again?" I gulped and took a deep breath. "The reason why I care about you so much, is because I love you more than as a friend" His eyes widened a bit but quickly softened and he gave me a warm smile. "Thank god" he said and hugged me tight. I didn't expect that, but I happily returned the tight hug, showing him that I would never leave his side. We stayed like that for about five minutes before we started to pull back. We stood up, and I was about to turn around and walk out of the room, before Naruto grabbed my wrist.

"You have to promise me that you will never, ever leave my side" he said with a serious tone. "You're the only one that cares about me this much, so I can't afford to lose that" I turned around again to face him, and gave him a warm smile. "I promise with all my heart, that I will always stay by your side" His face softened and he smiled a little. I hope he will keep this calm until tomorrow.

~

We both sat at the end of the bed, not saying a word. I knew that he was worried about tomorrow, he just didn't want to show it, nor admit it. I really wish that I could do something for him, but I didn't know what. "Naruto, is there anything I can do for you?" I looked at him slightly, and he slowly leaned his head on my shoulder. "Help me relax" I turned my head to look at him fully, being a little confused at his answer, but as soon as I understood my eyes widened. "What? Are you sure?" I asked, a little surprised to what he said. He nodded and closed his eyes. "I'm sure. Your love can calm me down for sure" He smiled, and placed his hand on mine. Isn't this what I have been waiting for? I've wanted to express my deep love for him for so long, yet I'm hesitating.