Chapter 13 ~ Hidden Tears

"Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.

-Oscar Wilde

-------------------------------

Third POV

After two long weeks, the Raven's condition still hadn't changed. Everything was slowly crumbling for the blonde. His boyfriend, best friend, didn't wake up and it was slowly killing him. Naruto still didn't go to school, and he didn't care if he even got the permission to. He wasn't going to go to school until his boyfriend was better, and that meant not in a long time. He already knew that the chance for Sasuke to wake up was very small, but despite that he still had his hopes high and had faith in the Raven. He wasn't going to give up on him, not until the day comes, the day when everything will fall apart and break the blonde completly.

Today was the day when the phone called, and a very exhausted and drained Mikoto answered. It's not very surprising to see her like that. Her youngest child was in a critical condition and was on the verge of death after all. It was the hospital who called, with news that they had all been waiting for. The Raven still hadn't woken up, but his condition got a little better, and the doctors had promised that if he got even a little better, they would get the permission to visit him. As long as his condition wasn't critical, he wasn't in any big danger. But the chances of him not waking up at all was still there, that's what was making his family and boyfriend so miserable.

When they all arrived at the hospital a nurse kindly showed them to the rooom Sasuke had been moved to. She left them outside the door, but they all hesitated on going in. Maybe everything was going to take a bad turn if they opened the door? They all worried about all kinds of things. Will they be able to look at the hurted Raven. He wasn't burned severly, but just the thought of why he was in this condition, the inner bleedings, made them all want to vomit. To know why he's there, was making them sick. 

But even when hesitating they went into the room, all of them. They scattered around in the room, Naruto in a chair at the left side of the bed, and Itachi on the right side. Mikoto and Fugaku sat down in a couch right in front fo the bed, being afraid that if they got to close, everything would change, in a bad way.  They all had to do their best not to break down. The sight was awful and not something you would like to see. The Raven still couldn't breath by himself, even though his condition had gotten better. A machine breathed for him, and kept him alive. The beep from the machines, and the ticking clock, was all that was heard in the room.

Naruto POV

No one said anything when we sat in the room, everyone was too miserable. He wasn't exactly a beautiful sight at the moment. He was covered in bandages and bruises all over. The bruises did even have a normal colour. They were red, brown-ish showing that he was totally crushed inside. His internal bleedings were fatal and there was nothing we could do about it. Scrapes and scars covered his face and he was paler than he should be.

Seeing him made my eyes watery, and even if I dried the tears they wouldn't stop coming. Because I knew, that if I had been more cautious, he wouldn't have been here right now. If I would've just forced myself to stay awake for just a few more minutes, Sasuke wouldn't be staring death right in the eye right now. The doctors also said, that it's up to him right now. They can't do anything more for him, so his life only depends on his willpower.

The thought of it made more tears find their way down my face. All I could do was to bet my hopes on him, pray for him. I knew everyone else was too. No one except me cried, but I knew that it wasn't because they didn't care. They were just strong, and they were fully convinced that he would wake up. Of course the sight of him right now made all of them sad, but they were strong and didn't want to break down. I tried my best too, but I'm not that strong. Not without Sasuke at least.

All of us were quiet. No one said anything during the time we were there. We were to miserable, too drained. The doctors said that it would be good to try and talk to him, since even though patients are unconscious, they can still hear their surroundings. But we didn't talk. It would just seem dumb to try and talk to someone you can't answer you back. It would just be pathetic.

The silence went on for an Hour and the sun had started setting. Mikoto and Fugaku probably couldn't take the sight of their youngest son lying unconscious in a hospital bed, and went out of the room. As they exited the room, and certain pinkette peaked inside the room. Sakura was just as sad as all of us, Sasuke was a dear friend of hers too. She sat down in the couch Mikoto and Fugaku had left empty, and did her best not to cry. Her eyes were misty and you could easily spot tears running down, but they were quickly wiped away. Her hopes were high too, she too had faith in Sasuke. I didn't know if I had it. I wanted him to survive so badly, but no matter how much I try, I just can't seem to find the strength needed. He's the source to my strength, and if the source is gone, then where do I get it from? 

As the silence continued to drift around in the room, a nurse came in. Not for any specific reason, just doing some regular check ups. As she paced from side to side of the bed, checking him all over, his hand moved. Everyone except the nurse reacted.

"Involuntary movements" she stated. "It happens all the time when a person is unconscious, and unfortunatly it doesn't mean a thing"

It was like everyones hope just vanished at that point. It doesn't mean a thing, huh? Even Itachi lost all his hopes on his beloved little brother. His eyes that gleamed of tears and hope were now dim and dark. I wonder how Itachi would've reacted if Sasuke actully died. He told us himself that he felt like he was the happiest child on Earth when Mikoto said to him that he was going to have a little brother. When Mikoto and Fugaku had to leave home for a while due to work, he was always there for Sasuke. It was almost like he raised him. Sasuke was the most dear person to him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just broke down. I would, too.

Sakura couldn't help but cry. I could understand her feelings. I wanted to break down so badly, but I didn't want to do it here. I would rather do it when Sasuke wakes up, if  he wakes up. I want him to hold me when I cry out all the pain. I don't want to be alone. All I could do right was to let some tears just find their way down my face, but I couldn't cry

Sakura went home. I still understood why. Itachi left too, leaving me alone with Sasuke. I took his hand, the one that had moved. I held it tightly, praying. I don't usually believe in miracles, but I really wished for one right now. Something did happen, but not even near what I had wished for. His hand started to move rapidly, but in small movements, like he was shivering. His heart beat slowed down and I didn't even notice that I was shoved out of the room by several doctors. Well, there goes my last hopes.

-

Mikoto cried, Fugaku comforted Mikoto while trying to keep himself collected and Itachi had broke down completly. He didn't cry at the moment, but we all knew that he was broken inside. I broke down to, but in tears. Sielnt tears, those unshed tears. He could die at this rate, he really could. I didn't know what to do, I didn't have a clue anymore. I felt so helpless, so unworthy. I felt so guilty for being the reason for this. Even though people tried to convince me with 'It was his choice'  and bla bla, I still knew that it was all my fault.

Mumbling was heard, and being the curious person yet drained person I was, I glanced up. A doctor was talking to Sasuke's whole family, and they looked paler than they should. I couldn't really catch everything he said. But I knew it wasn't good. Everyone looked terrified, as if he had died or something. That was my first thought and it made me anxious as hell. Despite being drained I stood up and walked over to them. I didn't manage to really get the conversation, but the last sentence was enough for me to realize that hell was coming.

"I'm sorry, but you should start thinking about donating organs"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the late update. School started and I'm super busy. And I'm sorry for the short chapter too, I hope I can make it longer next time. There will be some slow updates now but they will come, I promise. I will always update as soon as I feel like I have the time too!

Next up is Only You Can! Stay Tuned!

-Sachiko--Chan