Chapter 10 ~ Dark Calm

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

-Winston Churchill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke POV

It's been four days since we got to know about Minato being dead. Of course, Naruto is depressed as hell. He has been absent from school ever since he got the news, and I've followed him along. No matter what my parents say, I won't leave him by himself as long as he's this depressed. Though, I don't know how to get him back on his feet again. I can understand that it's devastating to lose your only parent left, even if you didn't know they loved you, but I'm beggining to worry about him, like really. His eating habits changed drastically, he won't even have Ramen when I offer him. He haven't gone outside the house once and he rarely talks to anyone. He doesn't even sleep at night, he just lies in the bed staring at nothing.

"Naruto, you have to eat something, it's been almost two days since you even drank something" Currently, he lying flat on his stomach in the bed, once again staring out in the thin air. "I don't need anything" I rolled my eyes. Such an obvious answer from him. "I'm serious, you have to at least drink something before you die of thirst" A silence fell over the room, an uncomfortable one. He slowly sat up and looked at me. "If it wasn't for your sake I would already been dead by now" He stood up and walked past me, almost shoving me into the wall with only his shoulder. So litteraly he means that he only has his life left for my sake. Another reason why I can't let him out of sight even once, since he's going to kill himself if I do. I sweatdropped and gulped at the thought. I've learned a small life lesson; Never let your suicidal friend out of sight.

-

The evening came, and everything was still the same as it had remained the last four days. Me sitting by the computer, trying to kill time, and Naruto sitting in the bed with dull eyes. Everything had fallen into a dark calm, one big unpleasant calm that seemed to have no end. Even my own mind was blank at the moment. I had also fallen into the dark calm that was surrounding us, but not as deep as Naruto. I still had my sanity left, at least. If you just looked at him, it wouldn't be impossible to think he was dead, in fact he was. Inside. He was completly dead inside. Everything that was left at the moment was an empty shell. It was a sorrowful sight, indeed.

"Naruto, drink your water" I gave him a small glare, and eyed the untouched glass of water next to him. He gave a deep sigh a took the glass, but only touched the water with his lips, nothing more. I guess I have to be happy with that at least. My glare softened into a sad and sorrowful one before I turned my head back to the computer screen. Killing time by moving yout cursor from corner to corner on a blank page isn't the best way, I must say. I looked at the clock, 11.40 P.M. I shut down the computer and without even bothering to tell Naruto I went to brush my teeth. I wonder how long this is going to go on. Since he won't even step oitside the front door it'll be a little difficult to take him to a therapist och psycologist, so his depression is something we have to take on ourselves.

I stepped out of the bathroom, already changed. As I walked closer to Naruto I could see his pained face. It hurt me, or more like killed me, to just see his expression, and I couldn't deal with it much longer. "I'm going to sleep, wake me up if you need anything" I said as I slipped under the covers. All I recieved as an answer was a small 'Hn' and nothing more. I almost drifted to sleep when I felt Naruto get out of bed, probably heading to the bathroom. I once again looked at the clock. 12.53 A.M. It sure took him long to get to bed. I closed my eyes, but I didn't try to go back to sleep until Naruto came back. When I felt him lie down in the bed again I relaxed, trying to go to sleep. But this time I couldn't. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't. I was wide awake by now. All I did was looking around, trying to get bored. Giving up, I turned around so I faced Naruto's back. He was also wide awake, just like he had been the last four days, almost five. I sighed, and slowly sat up.