Chapter 10

Dedicated to Nikki because she's my twinny <3 She's the coolest most awesome person ever so go read her stories!!! :D

        I woke up the next morning to the sound of the girls chattering in the dorm just outside my door. I yawned, stretching my arms and legs, before jumping lightly out of bed. I had, thankfully, had Mrs. Weasley’s help with organizing my trunk, putting robes, shirts, pants, ties, and socks and shoes in different piles. This way, I would only have to pick one item from each pile and not have to worry about finding each separate item in a mess of clothes.

        Before leaving, Mrs. Weasley had, of course, insisted on taking me to Diagon Alley to shop for new clothes, including some dressier clothes that were not part of Hogwarts uniform that I could wear “out” or for “special occasions,” which was clearly her way of saying that I could wear them on dates with Charlie.

         My personal favorite outfit that I had bought included a pair of dark rinse skinny jeans, bright red peep-toe heels (which I was convinced that I would kill myself in), a light creme colored flowy lace tank top, and a grey blazer on top, matched with a chunky long necklace. According to Mrs. Weasley, Charlie would be drooling over me when he saw it. That statement disturbed me a little; I didn’t know what she thought of my erm...status of virginity, but the fact that she was hinting at that made me think that she thought that I was much more experienced than I actually was.

          Anyway, those clothes were kept in a smaller duffel bag under my bed. Maybe I would take them out on a Hogsmeade visit, but that was debatable.

          I slipped quietly into the bathroom that was attached to my bedroom, which I had discovered late last night when I woke up in the middle of the evening, needing to pee quite badly. I quickly washed my face, deciding that my hair could wait another day to be washed, and dried off with a small towel. I did not bother with any make-up, as I would probably only mess it up anyway, not being able to see what I was doing. After pulling on my clothes, followed by my robes and little black kitten heels, I walked out of my room, and down to the Great Hall to breakfast.

McGonagall was waiting for me, taking me and leading me to the teachers’ table, inviting me to sit next to her. I smiled politely and sat down, picking up my utensils and biting into my breakfast. The eggs were wonderful, cooked to perfection, with just the right amount of cheese and vegetables, and the toast was crispy and buttery-just the way I liked it. It was undoubtedly easier for me to eat here, as I was not responsible for cooking for myself. I would get my fair share of exercise as well, though, considering that I would be working as a Care of Magical Creatures teaching assistant. That position would definitely be taxing, but worth it.

As I was about to walk out of the Great Hall, having finished my breakfast, to walk down to Hagrid’s cottage to ready myself for today’s classes, Hermione caught up with me.

“Could I speak to you please, Professor Westing?” she asked.

“Of course, Hermione. Is there a problem,” I queried, detecting a slight edge in her voice.

“Well, it’s just... here, it would be easier if I could read this to you,” she said, taking my arm and leading me towards the common room.

“What are you on about? Hermione--?”

“It’s something the twins have posted. Here, I’ll read it to you. It says: GALLONS OF GALLEONS! Pocket money failing to keep pace with your outgoings? Like to earn a little extra gold? COntact Fred and George Weasley. Gryffindor common room, for simple, part-time, virtually painless jobs. (we regret that all work is undertaken at applicant’s own risk). That is the problem,” Hermione grumbled.